2017 bike.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreudianSlip

Reaction score
Having seen the wonderful deal budgie got on his new bike it set me thinking about how I could possibly justify spoiling myself even more than having a 2015 bike.

Typically (and frustratingly) I had little effort in dreaming up a ?business case? to tick the bean coonter in me. For those that dont have a bean counter heres my tenuous thread of thought.

I want (probably) the 2019 bike and by the time its out, my 2.5 year old bike will be 4. A new one (i.e. 67 reg) will be 18 months old and still covered by BMW warranty. Therefore I would expect to get more for the newer bike in px against the 2019.

My bike needs its 12k service (the brno trip..dunno if I mentioned that?), and the 18k big service this time next year. Significant costs.

I have done over 5k miles on this rear, so its nice and square. A replacement is needed and I cant seem to win any on here.

The ABS pro is included in the new bike.

The BMW warranty will need to br renewed on the current bike, again at cost. I may be able to recoup some of the warranty costs that I?ve already spent as I guess BMW will replace it with their own.

The chain and perhaps sprockets may need changing soon, however I am scraping the justification barrel with that one.

With all that said, im going to get BMW to put all my accessories onto the new bike for the cost on one hours labour which will save me days of spanner monkey effort and greatly reduce the risk of me cocking stuff up.

New bike will be red/black (saw that colour combo in the flesh on our ride out to Chris Walker Kawasaki and fell for it.) It?ll be a 67 reg and I should be able to pick ut up on the 1st September and then ride it up to Gretna Green that afternoon (getting quietly married there the following day) killing 2 birds with 1 stone. The wedding cost saving alone will pay for the new bike :)

Cost to change, 3950. So not as good-as budgies but good enough for me.

Last edited:
Another great deal for a new bike. I'm going to have to ask the dealer to sharpen their pencil as I'm still ?2500 over your cost to change. (I'm ?6500 to swap)
Mine has 7k ish miles.
Failing that it's possibly going to be a track bike and I'll maybe buy a sit up for the road for ?6k.

New Bike

I personally intend on just waiting until the 2019 model is released. Enjoy the new bike nonetheless!

Congratulations on your new RR!

I agree with your reasoning on making the change, especially when all your accessories etc can simply be moved to the new bike :).

Congratulations on your new RR!

I agree with your reasoning on making the change, especially when all your accessories etc can simply be moved to the new bike :).
You could always give them a try, I’m sure they’d deliver. Roy Pidcock BMW, Nottingham.

I think Budgie has his from Rainbow in Rotherham.

You could always give them a try, I?m sure they?d deliver. Roy Pidcock BMW, Nottingham.

I think Budgie has his from Rainbow in Rotherham.

Thank you for the for details, I'll certainly bear it in mind :).

I was seriously considering changing to a 17 at the start of the year, but was quoted circa 6 K for the change (my 15 was near 30 K miles then), so decided to keep the 15 and hopefully change to a 19 (if all goes to plan)

So I did it....

A933D050-F7CB-4BD3-9E76-7106BF4AEEA7.jpeg4E618BA4-307A-4DEC-ADDF-C4A91E025C41.jpegDCDDC082-DEAC-487A-9B34-AA983596616B.jpeg
About 450 miles or thereabouts.

Picked the bike bike up on Friday (the bmw before you all chime in) rode it straight up to Gretna, got married on Saturday, took a pic of the bike,me and the new missus with Gretna Hall Hotel in the background, then rode it home (the bmw) this morning. Should be ready for the running in service sometime this week. :)

Many congratulations on your marriage Freudy!
I wish you and your wife a future of happiness, health and prosperity :)

Congratulations on your new RR too, am glad you're getting those first 600 miles over with quickly so you can enjoy full powerrrrr [emoji16]

Congrats on getting hitched, double life points for getting to ride the bike as part of the wedding weekend!

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Congratulations mate, pleased for both of you, bike looks superb - you'll be investing in a pillion grab rail then?!

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Freudy on your wedding day, hope you have many happy years and also with the bike lol, I'm a little surprised you weren't to tired to ride back down!!!!!

So I did it....

About 450 miles or thereabouts.

Picked the bike bike up on Friday (the bmw before you all chime in) rode it straight up to Gretna, got married on Saturday, took a pic of the bike,me and the new missus with Gretna Hall Hotel in the background, then rode it home (the bmw) this morning. Should be ready for the running in service sometime this week. :)

Congrats, Freudy. Mine is identical (the BMW, that is). I've got the wonder-lick and comfort seat to match too (I'm still talking about the BMW). All you need is now a tail tidy (I'm not talking about your missus). 600 mile service is a revelation. I'm now on 4K miles and I swear it's getting faster too.

The bike has been taken away today, back to BMW for its 600 mile 1st service, exactly a week after picking it up.

Should be back on Monday with all the revs available :)

The bike should be back with me tomorrow, with me having whimped out from picking it up myself in the driving rain and ferocious winds. The nice man in the van should be with me in the morning.

This caught my eye today though... thought i’d share.

009AA2C7-FEB7-4181-8B7D-E1A48BC9A5CA.jpg :)

Congrats, Freudy. Mine is identical (the BMW, that is). I've got the wonder-lick and comfort seat to match too (I'm still talking about the BMW). All you need is now a tail tidy (I'm not talking about your missus). 600 mile service is a revelation. I'm now on 4K miles and I swear it's getting faster too.
I would be interested to see a pic of your red bike wth the comfort seat. Also what difference doe sit make to comfort, seat heat etc.?

Latest posts

Back