2017 bike.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pic of me picking the bike up shows the comfort seat fitted. BMW kindly swapped over all the stuff from the old one onto the new. It looks slightly better on the new one. Seat heat wise, no difference, but i’m guessing that was a typo? Seat height is slightly higher... maybe 5 to 10mm. Enough to ease the knees a little but I think I need some rearsets for proper comfort.

Ta for that! I hadn't spotted it when I read the thread. Looks like yours is from Pidcocks too. They are doing me some HP rear sets with 15% off on Thursday. The comfort seat looks good on yours, I think it works with the red/white nicely.

Aye, I saw the rearsets in the glass display case at pidcocks - wanted them to accidentally fit those to the bike before I picked it up, but they're not that clumsy :)

I would be interested to see a pic of your red bike wth the comfort seat. Also what difference doe sit make to comfort, seat heat etc.?

Photo%2013-09-2017%2C%2013%2034%2016.jpg

Ditto Freudy. I had the standard seat during running in and my knees were a little sore after 600 miles. The comfort seat made a big difference. Still hurts a little when I've got chunky boots on compared to thin soled boots, so I'm on the edge. Could do with another few mm so definitely gonna get some rear sets as soon as I've saved my pennies.
I also agree that the colour is spot on. I was fretting over the bike colour after I ordered her but now really like it. The seat (and the MRA bubble screen) have brought it all together.
H
... Note to self: Must get rid of those dumb-ass reflectors on the sides of the front mud guard...

Back