2016 removal of infill from main fairing panel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alol

Reaction score
Hi, There are 2 tabs of the inside of the panel panel that partially hold the infill in place. Any special way of removing to separate them. Need to ask as i don't want to break anything.

Thanks

You need to gently ease off the starlock washer , bit by bit with a screwdriver or similar & plenty of lube. Take your time, otherwise you will snap the post that the washer attaches too. DAMHIK.

Thanks pal i actually just went back in the garage and just gently prized them apart. Every day is a school day when you have a new bike eh?

The first time I removed my main fairing from the right (2015) the main clip into the frame promptly broke off.. I was gutted as it was the first thing I ever touched, previously I'd taken my Honda apart a million times with no issue, so this shit is brittle

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I used to think my RSV4 Fac was finicky to remove/reinstall the fairing but it's easier and more straightforward than the Beemer for sure!

Anyone knows how to remove the 2 bmw badges from the side faring?

Latest posts

Back