2015 set up

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi All

Had the plug fitted at the first service even thought they didn't remove the limiter. That's another post.

I'm not one really for reading and understand the manual as I'm 47 not 12, it's a bit over my head but has anybody had a play with the electronics and settings? Am I right in thinking that I can adjust the wheelie limits and all that sort of stuff or is it just DTC that I can adjust that incorporates wheelie and traction control all in one? Is there a way of doing this individually? I only ride on the road and go to the Isle of Man a few times a year so really want top power and throttle response but with safety net of road ABS, traction control and wheelie. I have never adjusted any of the suspension on any of the bikes that I have ever owned just got on a rode them so I'm not sure about playing with the suspension settings either on the BM. My previous bike was a GSXR 1000 K5 which I knew inside out from the moment I turned the key to turning it back off again. I knew when it would wheelie at 140mph and knew at what revs it would probably try and rip my head off and kill me. But the BM is a bit of an unknown quantity to me as I'm not sure what exactly the electronics do as the book just gives BM jargon and the sales man just told me what they did on the track launch which doesn't relate to me on the road. I hope I don't sound like at twat but any input would be appreciated.

Cheers
Dean

If you want max throttle response etc put it in race mode. Go negative numbers for softer suspension and positive for harder. That should keep you busy ;).

If you want max throttle response etc put it in race mode. Go negative numbers for softer suspension and positive for harder. That should keep you busy ;).

Thanks sort of figured that but can I alter the amount of wheelie control? I have had it in race since I picked it up. My GSXR wheelied all the time, and I could control it. But the BM is controlled by the electronics? I don't want it cutting in all the time if there is no need. If it's only 2 ft off the ground then that's fine but for instance if it does a Max Biaggi vertical wheelie then I want to know that the electronics will cut in. Is there a happy medium or is it a pre set factory thing in the DTC which is either on or off (all or nothing!).

Cheers

Dean

I *think* the anti wheelie can only be turned off with turning off the dtc, so it's all or nothing. Race gives you more wheelie before the electronics cut in. But tbh I like both wheels on the ground most of the time so can't help any further sorry.

No that's good thanks, just been playing and turned all the crap of like bank and brake force and set to User mode with engine on slick and everything else on road.

Dean

Bear in mind that even with max tc/anti wheelie if you pin it in 1st it may well be soooo quick it'll flip anyway lol

lol that's bad boy Gsxr territory I can do that every day of the week but trying to find out if/when the electric will/can cut in,

Dean

I wondered the same, there's no specific wheelie setting though. From what I've read, Race mode has "more permissive" wheelie characteristics, and according to one review means you can continue a wheelie as long as throttle inputs are smooth. Whether that means you can flip it or not, I'm not sure.... let us know how you get on, OK :)

Race mode doesnt let wheel lift much, slick mode = no anti wheelie,old school control it yourself, be warned if you keep it up to long the dtc can get confused and shut down while it re calibrates. so dont wheelie for half mile drop her down and throw her in a bend and rely on dtc.

When in slick mode, I've noticed that an option appears for adapting the DTC with a range preset values between -7 and +7. Has anyone had a play with the settings and can comment on the different effects? Also, if the DTC is on +7 does this still mean that anti-wheelie is completely turned off?

Back