2015 S100RR Looks 'rank'

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HP44

Reaction score
Don't know about you guys, but the styling on the 2015 bike is rank! The lights and bodywork in particular look like the bike has been 'eating wasps for breakfast'! I am however, very interested to know pricing for a bike spec'd with the same/similar electronics as the HP4. I also hope that the price is close to the ?20k HP4, otherwise I will feel like BMW have cheated me out of too much money!! Still, it is such a shame BMW seem to have missed a trick with the upgraded bikes styling. It could grow on me like a lot of their new car styling does over time, but in the case of the bike I doubt it.

You can spec cruise control as well! I agree about the front of the bike, I think the original design is nicer.

I was looking to swap/upgrade my 2011 bike next year, but I am seriously put off by the pics. Can't wait to see it in the flesh and hope that it changes my opinion too (I'm the same with BMW cars & even the S1000RR, in that I hate it to start with and it grows on me ...& I end up loving it)

Certainly looking at the pics I'm not annoyed that I bought a 2014 instead if waiting but may feel different when I see it. Looks like the tank and tail section have been taken from a 1000R or am I imagining it? Liking the extras that come with it though, depending on the price there might be a few upset HP4 owners.

I forsee a roaring trade in the Akrapovic silencer option; that standard can looks monstrous.

Really like the clutch/brake lever protectors though!

Since they flipped the lights over, im wondering if i can buy the Righthand headlight from the 2015 bike and chop it into the faring of my 2013 bike to make the headlights match..... maybe that will stop people pointing out the missmatched headlights then!

I quite like it , it should rightly have the HP4 tech which is a few years old now !!!!!!
Why would they not , half of it is on the R already
Don't think it will detract from the HP4 value really , unless they bring another HP model out!!!!!!
BMW have always released HP models and always will.
If I was in the market for a superbike I would definitely hold on for this , or at least wait till the residual drops on the earlier model , which it will....

Since they flipped the lights over, im wondering if i can buy the Righthand headlight from the 2015 bike and chop it into the faring of my 2013 bike to make the headlights match..... maybe that will stop people pointing out the missmatched headlights then!

Let me know if it works! The new one has a rounder headlight so it looks even more mismatched....but apparently a better exhaust and 4 more bhp! Whoa!

Back