2022 v 2023?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
Looking at asking prices for the 23 bike, it seems they are ?4-6k more than I paid for my new 22 bike 6 months ago. Aside from the wings and electronic updates, I can't see where the extra money was spent. As it happens I don't like the look of the wings anyway, and I'm wondering if in time BMW will offer a traction control update on earlier Gen4's. I know Ducati did that on my old 1299S.

That?s the whole reason I never traded in my 20, I don?t think they are worth the extra money I payed ?19800 for my M-sport in 2020 not going to pay ?26k for the same bike with wings and a few tweaks in electronics 3 years later.

The fact that BMW still refers to it as the K67 speaks volumes. What comes next will be the one to go for if you already own a 2020-2022 model.

I imagine it would be because of a substantial change just like it was from the K46 to K67.

But, substantial changes could simply be meeting ever tighter emissions regs! Hopefully not though.
Pauly, the TC on the gen5 has hardware changes also so wont be a simple software update.

If they do the same cycle as the K46, then K67 won't be replaced till the end of the decade. We're effectively on the Gen2 out of 3 for the K67.

However, if they want to win at WSBK then they will do it earlier.

Last edited:
I imagine it would be because of a substantial change just like it was from the K46 to K67.

Adding more power or toys wouldn't persuade me to go out and buy one though. If the RSV4 factory or V4S had come with heated grips and cruise control I probably would have bought one of those, just because of the way they sound and look.

But, substantial changes could simply be meeting ever tighter emissions regs! Hopefully not though.
Pauly, the TC on the gen5 has hardware changes also so wont be a simple software update.

That?s why I stated from K46 to K67, that wasn?t just some simple emission changes to meet regulations.

I've just bought a 20 model but it went in for work,I got a 23 msport whilst mine was getting done and besides the obvious light wheels,I can't feel the differences...

Ive ridden both and this it what I noticed.
Its got modified geometry at the front which is far better if you like rider feedback.
The engine seems less viby and less rattly.
Theres less buzzing through the bars.
The wings look ace in my opinion and the bike looks sweet from the front.
The revised tail unit is very nice and from what I can tell is fitted with usb charger under the seat hump.
The electronics are superb, it feels so good on acceleration, its like the traction works so fast that you dont notice anything happening but its going forward at a crazy rate of knots.
Mines ready in a few days so I will update my thoughts after a few miles on it

Ive ridden both and this it what I noticed.
Its got modified geometry at the front which is far better if you like rider feedback.
The engine seems less viby and less rattly.
Theres less buzzing through the bars.
The wings look ace in my opinion and the bike looks sweet from the front.
The revised tail unit is very nice and from what I can tell is fitted with usb charger under the seat hump.
The electronics are superb, it feels so good on acceleration, its like the traction works so fast that you dont notice anything happening but its going forward at a crazy rate of knots.
Mines ready in a few days so I will update my thoughts after a few miles on it

hi , curious on your thoughts on 2023 model (not sure what model) presuming you?ve had & for a while now , l?m toying with changing my 2020 sport model to new (maybe demo) sport & just looking for any info feed back on someone whos swopped over.
cheers

Latest posts

Back