2015 s1000rr wheel spindle V sprocket carrier bearing tolerance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B33fys

Reaction score
Hi all,

you maybe previously read I had an issue with Cush rubbers / slack sprocket carrier hub when the wheel spindle is all torqued up with wheel fitted etc - in my eyes this shouldn't happen.

Bike went into beemer and got new complete sprocket carrier and Cush rubbers, maybe a slight difference.

However there is still play there that just shouldn't be, because there is still play on the rear sprocket it will only shorten the chain / Cush rubbers life span. I took the wheel off etc. I've had a look at all components and from what I can see there is too much of a tolerance between the OD of the spindle and the ID of the sprocket carrier bearing. Even by hand with the spindle fitted to the carrier it's too slack.

Anyone know of any solutions or been this far before?

Ive been completely put off this bike now, I also doubt I'll get anywhere with BMW on it but will see what they say.

thanks

BMW say there should be anything up to 4mm of play in the rear sprocket, and that's to and from yourself if your at the Side of the bike holding it with two hands, does anyone else think this should have zero play really??

TBH I don't have enough engineering knowledge to say much but if BMW suggest 4mm then that should be ok.
Would be interested to see a video of the movement which concerns you.

Yeah I'll get a video uploaded, what's best way of doing that? I've had it up on the paddock stand and left in gear running and standing at the back of the bike you can literally see the sproket "wiggling" around lol it's not cool :-( I'm going to see if they can order a new spindle to see if that takes up slack. It's clear to see the wear marks on the spindle that the bearings only use half of the spindle whereas it should be loading on the entire OD of the spindle. Far from chuffed if I'm honest. Never had this issue once with my ninja or R1 :-((

Latest posts

Back