2015 S1000RR fell through :(

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriskibbledj

Reaction score
Well after test riding a 2015 S1K i new i wanted one straight away, sitting down going through the figures and it quickly became reality that a brand new one just wouldn't be affordable right now. They then told me they had a 6 month old one coming in a PX with just 600 mile on the clock, offered me ?9k for mine (2012 with 10k miles) and the new one would be up for ?11,999 which was a very good price. The deal meant that it would only cost me ?20 a month more! so it was a no brainer. Unfortunately they've just told me the guy will not be doing the deal... Wish i never rode one now LOL as i want one.

I have just seen another 2015 and spoken to the dealer, but its ?1000 more at ?13,000, they would only offer me ?8500 for mine and done nearly 3000 miles, so no where near as good as a deal i was going to get :( suppose i just need to wait for 6-12 month for more to come on to the market and prices become more realistic, but then my bike value goes down.

If anyone see's any good deals on 2015 models let me know please.

Thanks

Chris

Hi bud, not sure where you are but Lind Norwich has a used black '15 in stock

Yes tried calling but no answer just spoken to a guy at ocean BMW with a black 15 plate he is getting back to me later with a PX price for mine

Black one at Norwich Lind looked good to me,
even had huge chicken strips still on tyres .....yup just like i used to have :D

saw a black one up in Inverness BMW recently, but not sure if it was their demo bike?? Was in the showroom so i'm guessing was for sale?? ...might be worth a call?

Or buy a new one and screw then down on price, use dealers against each other, tell them what you want and what you want to pay.

I had given up biking a couple of months ago but for some silly reason had a test ride on the new one and now waiting for delivery, of a new bike at a price I wanted to pay.

Rainbow are worth a call. Offered me a lot more px on a potential deal than my usual dealer did. Ian is a nice chap, has been in the bike business forever, and has always been eager rather than the usual lethargy I get from bike/car salesmen generally.

It could be the case that the original dealer has done a better deal elsewhere because he'd made an error on your numbers? If no one else will match it?

saw a black one up in Inverness BMW recently, but not sure if it was their demo bike?? Was in the showroom so i'm guessing was for sale?? ...might be worth a call?
The lemon is beside it..... :crash_smilie:

Just an update guys, OCEAN bmw rang me back with a part ex offer for mine.... ?7,000... I said is this a joke, you have the same bike with same miles advertised for ?10,600. His reply was "we need to make money" Now i worked as a motorcycle salesman for over 3 years i don't like being spoken to like an idiot as i know the drill! But this is why they get my angry! They not only want to make 1,2000+ on the one selling me but over ?3k on mine then finance commision, So what they're not happy making less than ?6k on a deal! Dealers like this will go bump soon!

I love the more realistic ones who offer me ?9k, they're making ?1,500 and a grand on the new one.... Still not ideal for me? lol but the other guys are dreamers!

Anyway quick update, the salesman at Manchester BMW done me a cracking deal on my 2012 1 year back, i paid ?9500 and his just offered me ?9 for it back, and he is saying although he has no used ones he could do me a cracking deal on a new one.. Now i am getting prices in the range of ?200 - 280 PCM on a PCP deal for a USED one...... He is already at ?200 PCM for a brand spanker and he said ill get it better for you tomorrow as he knows my budget is ?170, Bloody hell if i can get a brand spanker for ?170 a month (?35 more than im paying for a 3 year old one its a no brainer)

God knows how his managed it but i am sure ill find out tomorrow when he calls

Why do dealers feel the need to try take me for an absolute prik! I am sorry but i am getting rather angry and just gave the salesman and Lind Motorrad a rigth ear full.... He rings me and says "Hi Chris, I have just worked out the PX price for yours and we will be looking at giving you ?7000, With a sight to advertise it on the shop floor for around ?8295.... I have said are you trying to piss down my back and tell me its raining?

You have for sale right as we speak a 2012 S1000RR with 14,400 mile, (4400 mile MORE than mine advertised for ?10,495) The next few words i wont repeat?

Are these dealers on the same planet as me? trying to take me for an absolute fool? NO BMW DEALER will have for sale a mint 2012 sport with 10k mile for ?8295... FACT!

Think i am going to give up ringing round dealers as my blood presure us going through the roof

Hi bud, sorry to hear that Lind didn't help you, they have always been decent with me. As per EKDG said, list it private but not sure how that works with outstanding pcp?

The pcp will not affect anything in a private sale it just needs to be paid off , as any sort of finance agreement just get the settlement and clear it
Just watch out though chris as I'm sure you are aware to get the finance figure down some other figures need to up, ie Thr residule value will be extremely high meaning nearer the end of the contract you may have a bike worth less than the final payment .
Worth going through any finance papers with a fine tooth comb mate

Back