2015 - how many keys?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavey

Reaction score
Hi folks....how many keys should come with a new 2015 bike? I only received 1 black plastic key...the dealer tells me they've somehow lost the silver one and have ordered me a new one which is fine, but i also read somewhere about a 3rd (service?) key being included with some bikes??

Just want to clarify exactly what i should have received?
Cheers :)

Frustrating running in 2 bikes! Got 300 miles on it now and want it serviced ASAP :dejection:

2 keys here, don't know anything about a service key though.

Loupe only 300 miles, what's keeping you??

I know! Weather been terrible until yesterday. I was all set to put my flippers on and go for it last week but have managed a few after dinner blasts last few days.

my 2011 came with 2 metal and an emergency use plastic key. The dealer said to keep it in my wallet.

cheers guys...did anyone else get the extra plastic key? My BMW car came with one of those emergency keys too, but seems like that's not the norm with their bikes??

I had 3 on my 2012 bike but only 2 on the 2015 as I didn't get the plastic one

I think the key issue here is that it's due to recent cutbacks by BMW. :adoration:

I just got 1 Metal Key with the BMW inlay and then 1 crappy looking plastic one

Is there maybe a bit of confusion regarding the " key " for the slick mode ? Which you only get once it's had the 600 service.

I think every one is talking about ignition keys
Yeah I knew everyone was talking about ignition keys , I just wondered if the 3rd key may have been the slick key. Don't think in all my 30 years of bikes and cars I've ever had 3 keys always just 2.

Latest posts

Back