2015+ ABS Pro

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2016 sport (delivered to UK during Feb, registered as a 16 plate 1st March) did not have ABS Pro as standard or as part of the optional performance pack.

I decided to pay my dealer for the retrofit upgrade, as it was the only 'missing' piece of tech from the BMW that I liked the idea of when comparing bikes originally.

I managed a look at the BMW tech doc when I was chatting to my dealer, and it mentioned that it would be an option to add to new bikes, but I have not seen it on the options list anywhere - interested to hear if anyone knows if it is now a factory fit option when ordering a new bike.

1. Not sure, but I would expect identical
2. Pro riding modes are slick+user
3. As far as I am aware my bike does not have dynamic rear light even with ABS Pro either.

Let us know how you get on though!

Thanks mate. I'm from the Netherlands but you've probably saw this. The dealer already confirmed this because he recently sold a 2016 bike with ABS Pro as a part of the race package. So maybe they added this now or there's a difference in delivery to UK or Netherlands which I can't imagine. I keep you posted.

My 2016 sport (delivered to UK during Feb, registered as a 16 plate 1st March) did not have ABS Pro as standard or as part of the optional performance pack.

I decided to pay my dealer for the retrofit upgrade, as it was the only 'missing' piece of tech from the BMW that I liked the idea of when comparing bikes originally.

I managed a look at the BMW tech doc when I was chatting to my dealer, and it mentioned that it would be an option to add to new bikes, but I have not seen it on the options list anywhere - interested to hear if anyone knows if it is now a factory fit option when ordering a new bike.

1. Not sure, but I would expect identical
2. Pro riding modes are slick+user
3. As far as I am aware my bike does not have dynamic rear light even with ABS Pro either.

Let us know how you get on though!

Hi,
When I asked at Preston last week, they said it comes as a package on the 2016 which inc dynamic rear light and indicators but was not sure if that was part of the abs pro fit to the 2015.
Dean

MY 2016 onwards - Abs Pro and Dynamic Brake Light are a single factory option.

Before that, Abs Pro is a retro fit option.

Hi,
When I asked at Preston last week, they said it comes as a package on the 2016 which inc dynamic rear light and indicators but was not sure if that was part of the abs pro fit to the 2015.
Dean

Hmm, that was what I was afraid of. I will check with my dealer again.

Hi new member, sorry to introduce myself here, but I've a 2016 and how would I know if I have it or not? I know the bike was finished on the production line around the middle of January, but I do feel a bit miffed to not have it... I don't think I do!

Hi,
Dean

Hmm, that was what I was afraid of. I will check with my dealer again. This is what I found on the BMW site but it doesn't speak about the s1000rr https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glob...available-for-six-models-from-model-year-2016

Normaly I would never retrofit the ABS pro but I had an agreement that the 2015 would be exactly the same as the 2016.

Hi new member, sorry to introduce myself here, but I've a 2016 and how would I know if I have it or not? I know the bike was finished on the production line around the middle of January, but I do feel a bit miffed to not have it... I don't think I do!

When you turn the ignition on it'll say "abs pro" on the dash if it's installed on the bike.

Ok will check on next start up but I think I would have noticed by now.
I'm not too happy about paying out the extra ??? for this though, it's simply a software update, surely it would be free? I can't see any reason not to have this, but not keen on the 'bent over' factor grrrr!

Ok will check on next start up but I think I would have noticed by now.
I'm not too happy about paying out the extra ??? for this though, it's simply a software update, surely it would be free? I can't see any reason not to have this, but not keen on the 'bent over' factor grrrr!

You can't miss it. It's basically the same as this...

BMW-ABS-Pro.jpg

I have already spoken to my dealer regarding Abs pro and is not fitted as standard to any s1000rr. It does not come on a 2016 unless you have asked and payed extra for it.

I emailed BMW and asked
Hi
Could you please clarify some information about the ABS pro option as a number of people have asked their dealers in different parts of the U.K. and are getting differing information.
1. How much is the ABS pro option for the 2015 S1000RR?
2. Does this include the flashing brake and hazard warning?
3. Will it work in all modes, Slick, User, Race, Sport and Rain?
4. If not yes to 3 above, why?
Many thanks
Charlie

They said
Thanks for your email about ABS Pro on a 2015 BMW S 1000 RR.

1. I?m afraid the ABS pro can?t be ordered separately it?s only in conjunction with riding mode pro or the performance package.
2. This function is part of the dynamic package
3. ABS Pro was developed for use on public roads, in particular for the road-oriented riding modes "Rain" and "Sport".
In the meantime, if there?s anything else I can help you with, please get back in touch.

So they did not answer 1
With 2 what has the dynamic package got to do with anything, thats the QS DDC and Heated grip?
3 is a disappointing answer

I am going to attempt clarification but the people responding do not seem to know about bikes and go from a spec sheet!

Thanks Certi, I don't have it.
It is a 2016 with all the options except forged wheels.
I suppose you pay for the development costs, lovely bike though!

ABS Pro fitted today which should have only taken 90 minutes to install so I waited. 5 hours later it was finally completed due to problems with the software and a delay in the code being sent from Germany. Just to piss me off further I have discovered on the way home that my quickshifter is now really stiff and almost impossible to use. Also be mindful that all your bike settings are returned to factory so make sure you write them down first.

Not ideal, I suppose the trouble is you won't know if it was worth it unless you have to brake like hell in rain or sport mode and gauge whether it performed better than the std ABS?

I've got it installed. I've gone into User Mode and the settings under ABS were Slick, Race & Sport. I don't know what they were before so I hope this helps answer your question. When I turn on the bike ABS Pro is displayed regardless of what mode I had the bike in. Happy to help further.

I've got it installed. I've gone into User Mode and the settings under ABS were Slick, Race & Sport. I don't know what they were before so I hope this helps answer your question. When I turn on the bike ABS Pro is displayed regardless of what mode I had the bike in. Happy to help further.

Interesting, I had a call back from my dealer who actually rang motorrad, he told me it's for the road so will not work in user and slick.

Back