2015+ ABS Pro

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snooker

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I can't do a search on the term 'ABS Pro' as it's too short, so apologies if someone has already posted on this subject.

Last week when my bike was being serviced I was advised that ABS Pro is now available for the 2015 and 2016 bikes. The cost is ?357. Has anyone had it fitted?

Hi snooker there is a post on the Hp4 forum i think, some of the guys had it done.

ABS Pro

I believe ABS Pro has only just been released for the 2015/16 model. Apparently it differs from the previous versions for other models as it functions in RAIN, SPORT and RACE modes. I've not seen any further information to date except pricing.

The bike comes with Race ABS, but I think you need ABS-Pro to get the cornering ABS.

Apparently ABS Pro is a 'refinement' of the Race ABS on the '15 S1000RR. AIUI they both pretty much do the same job, but the ABS Pro does it better.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

First service on my new S due today, so will go and have a chat and see how much it is to add this at the same time.

Rich

Just rung my dealer
he told me the 16 bike has it but the retro fit is not available for others yet

Apparently, ABS pro is a progressive flashing rear light the harder you brake and eventually both indicators flash? lol (dealer info)

The flashy braking light is part of the ABS Pro package, its called Dynamic Brake Light, but I dont think it would be included in the retro upgrade, its on the new bikes as Rides Modes Pro option (which includes the abs pro and the flashy light). My GS has it on it.

Apparently, ABS pro is a progressive flashing rear light the harder you brake and eventually both indicators flash? lol (dealer info)
that's what dealer told me
and flashing indicators would be part of it lol

Last edited:
I've seen no official doc from BMW stating the Active Light is involved in the ABS Pro update. I think the dealer is incorrect.

Just rung my dealer
he told me the 16 bike has it but the retro fit is not available for others yet

It's definitely available for the '15 as I've got it installed on mine. When you start the bike up it says "ABS-PRO" on the screen.

Dealer tells me it is ?400 fitted to a 2016, and they need a week to order the software, so cannot fit today whilst doing the first service.

Was the ?357 a fitted price? Including VAT?

Latest posts

Back