2013 S1k no key...can it be done?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDJ46

Reaction score
Hi all
I have picked up another s1k for track use only.
I want to do away with the key, I know it can be done on other bikes but I am not sure of the BMW will allow it.
Does anyone know if this can be done, maybe by flashing the ecu or something? My pal has a new R1 that does not need a key, that was done by flashing the ecu but I have not seen this done with the BMW.
Thanks

Alpha racing do a plug and play for the BMW. Speak to Geoff at Prime Factors and mention the forum :).

you can get rid of the lock when fitting the alpha racing switch gear but the key dose still need to be wired somewhere near the head stock. i dont see the point of removing it really though. just cable tie it to the bike so it cannot be forgot or lost. No difference to not having it really.

you can get rid of the lock when fitting the alpha racing switch gear but the key dose still need to be wired somewhere near the head stock. i dont see the point of removing it really though. just cable tie it to the bike so it cannot be forgot or lost. No difference to not having it really.

Yeah but when you have been on a euro track day and forgot your key, you will understand the need for keyless ignition!

So, it looks like you cannot just flash the ecu and do away with the key? It must need to read the chip in the key does it?

Yeah but when you have been on a euro track day and forgot your key, you will understand the need for keyless ignition!

So, it looks like you cannot just flash the ecu and do away with the key? It must need to read the chip in the key does it?

hence the cable tie it to the yoke. this is what ive done on my beemer track bike. saves there being immobilizer problems whilst away. there is a chip in the key hence the needing to lock wire key to bike even if you use the alpha switch gear and remove the barrel.

Re: alpha Racing Ignition Kit

Thanks all. Call to alpha tomorrow on the cards!

alpha Racing

Prime Factors Motorcycles are alpha Racing's UK distributor and a Forum Vendor on here. Their telephone number is 0203 727 5678 and they are extremely helpful and will be able to supply exactly what you require.

Latest posts

Back