Forum Meet June 18th

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year we had our inaugural annual forum meet up in Moffat and I think there was at least a dozen of us by the end of the day. Not many forums mange to get together at all, it would be good to see even more faces on the day and beat last year's fantastic turnout. It's a good day out so if you can find the time to be sociable it will be worthwhile (if the sun shines).

Last year:
https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?7693-Moffat-Thursday-23rd-June-Meet-Up-Info/page8

I think we will also do a Scottish jobbie in August.

I'm up for meeting on the 17/18th but can't do the track day due to work. Anyone heading up from South East on the Sat or Sun?

PS soofsayer, as you may have gathered, jobbie has another meaning in Scotland :)

I'm up for meeting on the 17/18th but can't do the track day due to work. Anyone heading up from South East on the Sat or Sun?

PS soofsayer, as you may have gathered, jobbie has another meaning in Scotland :)

I am up for riding up from Surrey / London.... booked the day off for the track day too .... Alex was planning to lead a ride up from the S.E. (Right Alex ?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm... haven't worked out what I am doing.

I've only booked Sunday night in Louth. I was potentially going to scoot up to York on the Saturday. But if there was a plan for Sat / Sat Night then which involved some decent roads I could be convinced to do that instead. Need to act fast, if we need rooms somewhere.

Am gutted, I won't be able to join you all as am away on holiday in Dubrovnik.

Hopefully there'll be some opportunities to meet some of you later in the year, perhaps at BSB or a bike show etc. If not, then I'm already looking forward to the forum meet up 2018!

Bump for the June 18th run out ahead of the Cadwell track day on the 19th. Yes its Fathers day, but that means for those of us who are Fathers it's the perfect opportunity to do what we want and get out on the bike!
As I mentioned at the beginning of this thread I suggest meeting up at Chris Walker Kawasaki which is just off the A1 at Grantham around 10-1030am, I dropped in today and they are more than happy to accomodate a load of S1000RR riders as long as one of us commits to buying a ZX10 next time.... from there a spin for an hour or so around the nearby Leicestershire roads before grabbing a bit of lunch. Then its an hour and a half ride up to the Market Rasen bike meet located about 10 miles from Cadders, always plenty of bikes (we might also see some dodgy stunt riding from the locals) plus outdoor caff and toilets. There is a classic car meet on at the circuit on the Sunday so those who'd like an advance look might have to fork out some dollar to watch a load of old giffers spreading oil all over the track, although I've found that if you ride past the gate at relatively high speed no-one stops you(!!). For those who can't / don't want to make the morning I would think we'll be back in the Grantham area around 2pm so we could meet up and head north from there. Once I know who's coming and from where etc I'll firm up the order of the day to include more or less riding.

Cheers

So I'll likely come and meet you guys at Grantham in the morning and have a spin round Leicestershire (my home stomping ground) and a spot of lunch - but I'll probably head back to Northamptonshire after that....

Just looked up the A1 Dealership.......50 miles up the B6047 and back again - hell yeah, epic biking route.

Last edited:
Enjoy the meet up guys hope the weather sticks it out to be quality

Cannot make it with upcoming Project Management Qualification the following week.

And whilst on the subject of the B6047 visordown featuring Leon Haslam have just reviewed it in the Britains top 5 roads ....

http://www.visordown.com/features/w...N'S BEST UNDISCOVERED BIKING ROADS - PART ONE

A bit dull for you Nick if you're riding up that way but as it happens the B6047 is the very road we'll be taking a spin on in the morning, you don't have to ride along it at <50mph as the video suggests of course, the camera van normally parking up on the Harb side of the A47... at more 'normal' speeds it's a real hoot.
It would be helpful for those of you have indicated you're coming along as well as anyone who's stayed quiet but fancies coming out for a spin on the 18th to confirm your attendance so that I can firm things up by either (re)posting on this thread or by PMing me. Cheers

I am riding down on the Sunday morning, anyone is welcome to join me. All I ask is that they are ready to go with a full tank and empty bladder. If conditions are good I think a cross country route from York, taking a couple of hours with a coffee and a bacon roll half way is the plan. If the weather is not great it will be more direct and quicker with a later start. I am staying in Louth Sunday night so I will not be riding back to York at the end of the day.

I'm up for riding up from S.E. either Saturday or early on the Sunday to meet at Grantham.

I have to come back Sunday eve as work becons on Monday.

Only caveat is that it's not p-ing down with rain. I have a two week trip to Scotland the next week where I'll likely get enough of that :)

@flyingscotsman, I might be up for a Sunday blast. Also share your very un-Scots attitude to the rain. Maybe we've both been turned by living down here..... will PM you

Might have to leave the house at 10am....might struggle to even have a brew :D.

Worst thing is I have never been around Cadwell in 6 years of living here. I go away sunday evening but I shall stay out as long as possible :D.

Last edited:
Mac said the plan is to be leaving CW at 11 sharpish.

Is there a petrol station nearby?

Latest posts

Back