2017 Forum meet Ideas?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
It's that time of year when I start planning for the next year. So, forum meet up, who fancies doing what? Last year meeting up in Moffat in June seemed to work really well. So, could do that again, but it does make it harder for some of the southern shandy drinkers (of which I am one) to get to....

I was wondering if anyone was up for a few days riding the best roads around Yorkshire / lancs etc, and combining the trip with the road bike trackday at Cadwell Park in June?

Perhaps another meet up in the south for those too far away? (stewarded by Alex?)

Any thoughts, comments, just post below and we will get a feel for what is going to work for the majority......

Last edited:
Im a southern merlot drinker actually!!!.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Im a southern merlot drinker actually!!!.

Thats proper southern fighting talk pof lol :). Does that mean you'd be interested in coming along? Preferences?

Problem i have is june , july and august is a no no for me. Im contracted 7 days a week (dont ask [emoji7] ). Im 50/50 in may due to aragon trip. Sept gets a bit easier. Shame as it would be good to expand my horizons a bit.

I will be in depending dates etc , I have no problem riding further afield, cadwell is about 5 hours from me so would be looking at an overnight stay and maybe a van incase I chuck it at cadwell lol

Rockingham is a nice central point? And they have a static 105db test so we should be alright.

Soot great shout on a few road days
+ road bike only.

Perhaps a poll on options would be best?

If Cadwell is Monday the 19th June...
Then we could all meet on the afternoon/evening of the 17th, ride the roads the 18th ending up in Louth, then ride Cadwell on the 19th.
Or meet up on the Friday night to give more roads time. (Depends on peoples interest / availability for the Cadwell day - I don't want the boys and girls travelling far to think it's a long way, for not much, if they only want to road ride).

If Cadwell is Monday the 19th June...
Then we could all meet on the afternoon/evening of the 17th, ride the roads the 18th ending up in Louth, then ride Cadwell on the 19th.
Or meet up on the Friday night to give more roads time. (Depends on peoples interest / availability for the Cadwell day - I don't want the boys and girls travelling far to think it's a long way, for not much, if they only want to road ride).

Happy with that idea.

If the end game is Monday 19th June at Cadwell, the bit before can be down to who wants to do what, so I suppose it's a case of who's up for the TD and going to book it and the hotel in Louth (for the Sunday night) ?

I will be going to the TD. I would be happy to meet up / help organise accommodation for anyone wanting to do some of the good stuff in Yorkshire on the Friday and Saturday prior to riding down to Louth on Sunday.

And perhaps Alex could sort out something for the southerners who want to do something beforehand too?

I was thinking of joining your jaunt lol
We need some kind of web form with ideas and options.

Id be up for a ride out friday/saturday but not really a luggage carrying rider so would probly bugger off home after the days ride if its round these parts.

Think Id prefer just a blast out on the roads Soof/Alex... Cadwell is a trek and a half.. but im no humbug so would need to assess it nearer the time...

Sent from Galaxy S7

Back