Scott Leathers ....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Evening chapsters....further to my what m2m leathers to buy... I was kinda sold on heading down to Scott in Durham... I e mailed them in November ish asking some questions... no reply... I e mailed them again on Wednesday evening there.. asking same.... no reply.

I called them around 4pm on friday using number from their website....number rang out with no option to leave a vm.... what the fuck !

I run my own business and this is totally anathema to me

As stated in my e mail theres a car load going down and they likely will get at least 3 possibly 5 sets of m2m out of it... so far no further forward.. frustrating and actually really disapointed..

I run my own business and this is totally anathema to me

Couldnt agree more Stu.

I tried similar with them two years ago and got no answers either so went elsewhere. I thought if that was what pre sales was like, what was customer service going to be like if I ever had a problem with the goods.

Really Andy, that is exactly what I was thinking...if this is presale whats the post service like.

We don't live round the corner...it's 3 odd hour drive to get there...

I'll have a go at them on Monday and let you all know.

Yam-Andy..exactly ........I've read these comments online....they went tits up 2008 and the company was bought back again, clearly the much used start again avoiding your previous debtors.

As a small business owner that kind of thing doesn't sit well with me, it does make you wonder what other small businesses they owed money too when they went under.

They get 1 phone call on Monday I'm actually really curious now.

Scotts website is showing 2006...ten years out of date Strangely Scott Leathers and another firm AM Leathers have a similar address...approx 1 mile from each other,they do bespoke also...E Mail sent.... let's see what the score is...makes me wonder if they are linked...I'll ask.

Unit 1 + 2 – Harmire Enterprise Park – Barnard Castle – Co. Durham – DL12 8XT AM Leathers

1 Queen St, Barnard Castle DL12 8JL Scott

Scotts website is showing 2006...ten years out of date Strangely Scott Leathers and another firm AM Leathers have a similar address...approx 1 mile from each other,they do bespoke also...E Mail sent.... let's see what the score is...makes me wonder if they are linked...I'll ask.

Unit 1 + 2 ? Harmire Enterprise Park ? Barnard Castle ? Co. Durham ? DL12 8XT AM Leathers

1 Queen St, Barnard Castle DL12 8JL Scott

How strange is that

Howc

Last edited:
Both websites are illegal - they are trading (selling stuff) but do not display the name of the legal entity (person or company) you are trading with (or company no.,etc.). "Scott Leathers (International) Limited" was dissolved on 22/10/2010, and its director - James Millar Aird - has been MD of "Scott Customs Ltd" since 05/12/2011. In law, despite having similar names, being owned by the same person and in reality being the same company, there are entirely separate entities. If you were to order from Scott Leathers' website and have to sue to recover your money, there is no indication on the site of any legal entity you could sue - you can't sue a dissolved company as it no longer exists.

Thats right I dissolved my mortgage company in 2009 as we ceased advising on mortgages. Im going to look on companies house see whats what.

Last edited:
Note from Alex: I've added this post which wasn't showing before as Steve isn't a member. I feel it's relevant and should clear up some comments earlier in the thread.

Hi, I am the owner of AM Leathers, and have been following the thread, and was half expecting an e-mail this morning. If anyone is curious, and would like to contact me at [email protected] I would be more than happy to give the reason, as to why both myself and Scott Leathers, are in the same town.
I must label the point, now, there is not, and has never been a connection, between the two companies.:hopelessness:
Cheers
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so I made THAT call around 11am today...almost hung up after about 10 rings...Leslie answered, explained who I was... difficulties I had trying to contact them She explained there was various reasons for problems I stated..which imho was a futile explanation(s).

Anyhow she couldnt have been more helpful. Explained process etc etc.. if we are going down just call her, she will organise, get us fitted, show us round the place and so on.. so I rung off quite happy...couple of hours later I hax a missed call from none other than Jimmy Aird himself, called him back and agreed to meet him in person at Scottish Bike Show in March. So faith restored, that said if it wasnt for my perseverance I could quite easily have walked away. I told Mr Aird this. Anyhow its early days and I havent parted with any bread yet.

Well see how it goes..

Stu

Note from Alex: I've added this post which wasn't showing before as Steve isn't a member. I feel it's relevant and should clear up some comments earlier in the thread.

Hi, I am the owner of AM Leathers, and have been following the thread, and was half expecting an e-mail this morning. If anyone is curious, and would like to contact me at [email protected] I would be more than happy to give the reason, as to why both myself and Scott Leathers, are in the same town.
I must label the point, now, there is not, and has never been a connection, between the two companies.:hopelessness:
Cheers
Steve

email sent directly to Stevie tonight..........................

Stevie, it was myself that made the comment on the similar addresses. Actually if remember rightly I mailed you before and you replied right away.

I recalled this after I Posted the comment on the addresses, there was nothing meant by the comment other than curiosity, I also seen on MCNs forum (I think) that someone else had picked up on the similar address thing.

The Scott Leathers thing turned into a curiosity for a few of us with some of the guys on here being dissatisfied with their poor customer service.

Anyhow, perhaps we could do some business...I'll bell you for a chat during the week.

PS I'm pretty sure no one that does m2m is a sponsor on here, might be a good opportunity for you to chat to one of the mods like Alex or soofsayer (Andy).

Anyhow, you can let me know when's good for a chat.

Stuartb

Stuartb

Last edited:
Quick update: Decided on a set of m2m leathers. Met Jimmy Aird (owner) at bike show 12th March . Quite a guy, loads of stories to tell and a fellow Scot, so I immedately took to him....anyways he measured me up..I paid and was told roughly 6 weeks for delivery. Its racing season and I know its the busiest time to buy from them.

So I left things till about 3 weeks ago, called and spoke to a girl there to be told she couldnt see my "sheet" so it must be at the factory for cutting etc, reasonably happy with this response she said they would be another couple of weeks.

Called again on Thursday 28th ofApril looking for an update to be told "I can't see your sheet so it must be over at the factory for cutting ". When I informed her that I was told same thing 3 weeks before she said she would give me a more accurate picture the following day. The call duly came and Ive been promised them by no later than Friday 6th of May. I'm not desperate for them however I do feel they should have some system in place for keeping their clients informed. A simple e mail would suffice. Ill update once I receive the goods. Reasonably happy so far but service could be a lot better.

Last edited:
I bought a st of Scott Leathers at the Scottish Bike Show this year.....I fancied a set of Alpinestars leathers but when I tried them on, a UK 40 was too tight and a UK 42 was too baggy in certain places....after a few beers I ended up speaking to Jimmy Aird about M2M leathers - he told me that they would be about 8 weeks and about ?800.....but he suggested I try an off the shelf pair to get an idea of fit. I tried a UK 42 and they were a great fit.....so I went for another few beers to think about it. Just as we were leaving the show, I paid another visit and made an offer which was accepted so I ended up buying them.

When I tried them on the next day (sober) they were still a good fit but I then realised there was not much scope for much clothing underneath, a quick trip to Sports Direct and I bought a base layer trousers and top - they make getting the suit on and off much easier plus give a bit of warmth.

They are still tight and need a few weeks of wearing them to break them in - I wore them at Knockhill last Thursday and managed to get the right knee slider nicely run in, just need to do the same with the left one now !

Overall I'm impressed, the quality is very good and they are much heavier leather than my previous RST suit....

Jimmy that doesnt fill me with confidence..lol... only reason I never went to AM was there a three hour drive away, hardly practical. Anyhow if Im not happy I'll surely raise it with them and get it sorted.

cash up front usuall crack, to help his cash flow till he busts the next time check company house

I have mate I looked into things in the past, their website is hopelessly outdated too. Theres mixed reviews all over the shop so I went with my gut feeling.. see what happens

I've paid now, so feck it. As i said earlier I done my research and asked questions on here and took a judgement call on it. No idea who she is mate, I thought she was just a punter in the office.

Latest posts

Back