Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got BT for watching racing?

Re: Anyone got BT for watching racing?

Hi, I used to have BT Sport but switched to the MotoGP app as BT cottoned on to a loophole in their systems after a few years. BT used enable there sports package as soon as you applied for their Broadband/TV online. BT broadband wasn’t available to my road as the local switch was already full and they wouldn’t spend the money to expand the switch to accommodate additional users, so you’d get an email a few days later saying that they can’t fulfil the order but they never cancelled the sports package. Personally I wouldn’t pay for BT’s coverage of MotoGP as it’s crap compared to the MotoGP app. I watch the app through my Apple TV box. Every race, practice, interview etc from 1992 onwards all instantly on demand. No buffering. Easy to navigate. All for £139 per year. Half the price of BT Sport through Sky. Full coverage of a race available for later replay after an hour. You need 2mbps for perfect playback on my AppleTV box. The only thing I miss from BT is Colin Edwards and Hodgson. The rest I don’t miss. I gather Hewuen has finally hung up his spurs. There’s something new to watch everyday. I love the app. J

I’ve worked in TV pretty all my life. Eurosport is part of Discovery Channels. Discovery have grown massively but have had their revenues from Sky / BT remain the same hence their battles recently and they have launched their own on demand channels like Disney have with Disney +. You’ll find most broadcasters will do the same in the future. So you’ll be a subscription for each broadcaster. All the broadcasters are going OTT. ie IP delivery.

it's a fair chunk more thn £139,but i do find it better (and more content if your only geting BT for Motogp) than BT sports with all the extra content,but if ypou watch other sport and just want to watch the races (not all the other bumf) then maybe BT might suit you better.

£139 for me.... They give a discount for previous subscribers. They send you an email with offers.

I just looked up the full price and that's £174 for a full season including tests and 45,000+ video's on demand which I still think is good value. J

IMG_4122.jpg

i am an existing sub. think it's still £179 for me but will check my latest email

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    i am an existing sub. think it's still £179 for me but will check my latest email
    From memory they normally send out offers around the end of the season. Usual pay early get a bigger discount malarkey....

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Kennybush's Avatar
    Riding
    SP-1, Guzzi T-3

£100 for a new fire stick, loaded with iptv from a friend of a friend. access to all sky channels, and amazon, netflix releases, as well as a never ending list of movies etc available. Since getting it i've canceled my bt and sky

Riding
    S1000RR 18 Blue

Quote Originally Posted by JamieMac View Post
    I have to say the MotoGP App is second too none. I watch it through my Apple TV but it's available on PC, Android etc. Instant HQ HD footage all on demand. Every Race, Crash, technical video, Interview, practise going back yo 1992 on demand. I had both BT's coverage and MotoGP's at the same time and I think the MotoGP app is far better but I miss Hodgson and Edwards comments. I don't miss Keith Hewuen though. Simon Crafar spots stuff instantly that I have to play back a few times to spot. Currently free this year but normally £139 for the year which was way cheaper than I was paying for BT Sport MotoGP. My two pennies worth.
    Hi Jamie,
    I just looked at the MotoGP website and right now, for me to start a MotoGP VideoPass subscription it would be £174 until March 22 which averages out at £13.39 per month. I am already a BT BB subscriber and I f*ckin loathe paying BT for a service that includes soccer - I unsubscribed in December after the final MotoGP race. BT Sport added to my Sky Sports package, even as a BT BB subscriber, it would cost me £26 a month in HD and I have to subscribe for 24 months and I can only watch it from one TV in my house unless I pay a supplement for my second Sky Q box. BTW I know Simon Crafar is a former top racer, but his post race paddock interview style leaves me cold. As you know Keith Heuwen has quit BT and I enjoyed his style, especially with Hodgy and Edwards. I think I might bite the bullet and get the MotoGP VideoPass

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmooth View Post
    Hi Jamie,
    I just looked at the MotoGP website and right now, for me to start a MotoGP VideoPass subscription it would be £174 until March 22 which averages out at £13.39 per month. I am already a BT BB subscriber and I f*ckin loathe paying BT for a service that includes soccer - I unsubscribed in December after the final MotoGP race. BT Sport added to my Sky Sports package, even as a BT BB subscriber, it would cost me £26 a month in HD and I have to subscribe for 24 months and I can only watch it from one TV in my house unless I pay a supplement for my second Sky Q box. BTW I know Simon Crafar is a former top racer, but his post race paddock interview style leaves me cold. As you know Keith Heuwen has quit BT and I enjoyed his style, especially with Hodgy and Edwards. I think I might bite the bullet and get the MotoGP VideoPass
    The excitement builds! Jeez I’ve missed the racing.... I didn’t know that KH has left BT, but I have to say I really did have more than enough of him. He started off really well, but honed his delivery down to a few key phrases and just repeated them endlessly, whilst dominating the more illuminating commentary. He ended up sucking the oxygen out of the commentary box so good riddance! I hope hodgy gets bumped up in place. SC seems/is very knowledgeable, but I’d agree with him seeming utterly without passion. Virgin has had excellent coverage, if you can get it, go for it. Virgin also throw in the occasional coverage of OZ and US SUperbike action, and that is well worth a watch.
    BT has been the devil’s work, I’d never go back on principle..