Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

Riding
    S1000RR, 2020, Red

Re: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

Quote Originally Posted by HertsTif View Post
    I was told to run in my bike on Rain mode, so that the suspension got the biggest workout. After 500 miles, I treated myself to Road mode. Definitely louder, definitely more pops. Not tried Dynamic, but it is plausible given my experience.

As an aside, fuel economy in rain mode sucks
    Yeah, my dealer told me to do the first 150 - 200 miles in Rain mode and then move onto Road which is what I did. I did notice a difference in exhaust note between Rain and Road, but not so much between Road and Dynamic. May be I need to try Dynamic more as only had a little play in that mode owing to want to get to know the bike more and steadily build up.
    2020 BMW S1000RR Sport with Performance Pack (Current)
    2020 Triumph Bonneville T100 (Current)
    2016 BMW S1000RR Sport with Performance Pack (Sold)
    2012 BMW S1000RR Sport (Sold)
    2006 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade (Sold)
    1999 Honda CBR600 FX (Sold)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Schuey For This Useful Post:

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER TheGodfather's Avatar

I ran mine in in road mode, Wasn't advised any differently. Tried dynamic but with the roads where I live I'd have no teeth left

Been out again today. Dropped the pressures to f34 r40 from the dealer set f36 r42. On the hp4 it really helped the road handling. In road mode everything felt good, into dynamic mode and like the godfather, it would have shaken my teeth out on the country bumpy roads, but very planted on smooth stuff. Ran it up to Helmsley and the Stokesley TT run, started to feel ‘it’ again after 2 years without a sportsbike, just need to trust it more...

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey View Post
    Do you guys notice any difference in the exhaust note on Dynamic setting? I'm not sure how true but my dealer had told me there's more crackles and pops on the overrun in Dynamic mode, but I can't honestly say I've noticed this?
    No, nothing, but I will listen now!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to soofsayer For This Useful Post:

Do you guys notice any difference in the exhaust note on Dynamic setting? I'm not sure how true but my dealer had told me there's more crackles and pops on the overrun in Dynamic mode, but I can't honestly say I've noticed this?
    I think the exhaust acoustics are the same in all the modes apart from rain where it is turned off.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to spoonbill10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by soofsayer View Post
    Been out again today. Dropped the pressures to f34 r40 from the dealer set f36 r42. On the hp4 it really helped the road handling. In road mode everything felt good, into dynamic mode and like the godfather, it would have shaken my teeth out on the country bumpy roads, but very planted on smooth stuff. Ran it up to Helmsley and the Stokesley TT run, started to feel ‘it’ again after 2 years without a sportsbike, just need to trust it more...
    I found it a little skittish with 42 in the rear so I went with 34f 38r and it feels spot on for me.
    It certainly takes a few rides to get your head around things after you've had any sort of layoff, after 2 years it'll frazzle your brain lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spoonbill10 For This Useful Post:

I put an Akra stubby on mine after only a handful of miles and noticed almost immediately the complete lack of overrun and blipper crackles in rain, then a progressive improvement through road and dynamic etc.

I weigh a max of around 70 kg fully suited up - I find rain mode like an armchair, road good for typically variable surfaces and dynamic great for Cheshire’s A roads. Haven’t spent much time in race and not tried any race pro modes yet but it’s clear from previous comments the pro options aren’t straightforward - at least for a half-wit like me.

Absolutely agree the (admittedly well engineered) manner in which BM applies wheelie control in the lower modes is shite.

Ideas about mixing and matching settings in the non race pro modes have been well shared before but I doubt our Bavarian overlords will be moved to do anything.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RammyRR For This Useful Post:

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER oldwobbler's Avatar
    Riding
    19 msport

Quote Originally Posted by spoonbill10 View Post
    My ideal setting up to now would be dynamic but without the wheelie intervention and maybe full torque although I don't think a race pro setting could mimic dynamic fully as when in any of the preset road modes 90% of the suspension is dynamic whereas in a race pro mode only 10% is dynamic to give the bike more feel for the racetrack or so I'm lead to believe.
    Spoonbill - can you explain this bit about 90% being dynamic in road mode please? In layman's terms??
    Punctuation - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Quote Originally Posted by oldwobbler View Post
    Spoonbill - can you explain this bit about 90% being dynamic in road mode please? In layman's terms??
    Something makes me think it's actually 80/20.
    RacePro modes are 80% mechanical whilst retaining 20% electronic control.

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER oldwobbler's Avatar
    Riding
    19 msport

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    Something makes me think it's actually 80/20.
    RacePro modes are 80% mechanical whilst retaining 20% electronic control.
    Are you saying when in Race mode the ddc can only adjust the damping by a max of 20% from the user setting? And in Road mode the bike can make 90% adjustment? (from spoonbil)

Where are you getting this info from? I had a reasonable understanding of the Gen 3 DDC and could get a setting for pretty much any road condition to suit me (not track). I'm struggling with the Gen 4.
    Punctuation - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.