Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

  1. #51
    Forum Moderator alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London and Norfolk
    Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey
    Posts
    9,844
    Thanked: 3475

    Re: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

    So preload is actually useful on the Gen4? It was basically superfluous for most on the Gen3.

  2. #52
    1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER bmwbadboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanked: 747

    Re: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    So preload is actually useful on the Gen4? It was basically superfluous for most on the Gen3.
    Surely preload is a function of spring rates and geometry. Can't just say it's superfluous.

  3. #53
    Forum Moderator alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London and Norfolk
    Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey
    Posts
    9,844
    Thanked: 3475

    Re: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwbadboy View Post
    Surely preload is a function of spring rates and geometry. Can't just say it's superfluous.
    I meant for the majority of owners they couldn't get the right sag numbers without any added let alone with it.

    - Alex

  4. #54
    Standard Member Gobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Holyhead
    Posts
    293
    Thanked: 91

    Re: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    So preload is actually useful on the Gen4? It was basically superfluous for most on the Gen3.
    Well for those that didn't spend a relatively small amount on fitting the right springs for their weight.

  5. #55
    2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER masho46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    derby
    Riding
    s1000rr 2014 motorad colours
    Posts
    345
    Thanked: 37

    Re: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobert View Post
    Well for those that didn't spend a relatively small amount on fitting the right springs for their weight.
    A few guys have seen the Dave moss video on you tube.Would this be a place to start with his suggested settings and tweak from there if it doesn't suit?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  6. #56
    Standard Member Gobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Holyhead
    Posts
    293
    Thanked: 91

    Re: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

    Quote Originally Posted by masho46 View Post
    A few guys have seen the Dave moss video on you tube.Would this be a place to start with his suggested settings and tweak from there if it doesn't suit?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Is that for the Gen 3 or Gen 4? (I know this is a Gen 4 thread but I was replying to the Gen 3 comment)

  7. #57
    1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER bmwbadboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanked: 747

    Re: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobert View Post
    Is that for the Gen 3 or Gen 4? (I know this is a Gen 4 thread but I was replying to the Gen 3 comment)
    He has both

  8. #58
    2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER masho46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    derby
    Riding
    s1000rr 2014 motorad colours
    Posts
    345
    Thanked: 37

    Re: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobert View Post
    Is that for the Gen 3 or Gen 4? (I know this is a Gen 4 thread but I was replying to the Gen 3 comment)
    Sorry yes it's for the gen 4.


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  9. #59
    1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER GavD101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    London
    Riding
    S1000RR Sport 17
    Posts
    251
    Thanked: 100

    Re: The Gen4 DDC thread...vol 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    If you fit the 2D front potentiometer, which is a plug-n-play accessory for the S1000RR, you gain independent control of the rebound and compression damping in the forks.

    The 2D sensor can be purchased through Alpha Racing
    Interesting, didn't realise it had that function. Learn something new every day

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •