Hello!!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex_gr

Reaction score
Hello All,

First of all hope everyone is alright and keeping safe!

Joining the forum as I am in the lookout for my next bike after having affairs with couple of Italian ladies (1199 and 1299).

More interested in the track capabilities of the s1000rr as the bike will be spending more time in track rather than the road to be honest. Heard a lot of comments like the s1000rr does everything as it should but is boring etc etc To my ears this does not sound right as would appreciate an easy going and fast bike in the track rather that the bull fighting Ducati, which I loved but had me destroyed after couple of sessions

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex, all good and well up here in Scotland so far.

Welcome in mate....theres loads of track users on here and many of the lads are track only, I'd imagine a decent response to your questions. Where you from ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi Alex, all good and well up here in Scotland so far.

Welcome in mate....theres loads of track users on here and many of the lads are track only, I'd imagine a decent response to your questions. Where you from ?

Thanks for the welcome note Stuart! Based in London and looking forward for any recommendations as budget wise looking for gen 1 or gen 2.

Hi Alex, always get the newest model you can afford. They never made a worse bike.

The RR is stable, well fueled and linear in power delivery...but damn it's got power. I wouldn't say one wasn't an event to ride, but it's not an event that's not trying to kill you.

9k and above is hold on with both hands tightly !... there is a huge rush of power at the top end...

Welcome in mate. I`ve recently bought a Gen 2 for some track use after wrestling a big bang R1 for 6 years. I cant say there is anything boring about the RR just clinical.

Welcome to the forum Alex.

I echo what Stuart and Alex have said.
What have been your favourite experience onboard the Panigale?s?
Do you ride on road at all?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you find your ideal RR in the not too distant future [emoji41]

Thanks for your welcoming messages guys!

Probably will be looking at a Gen 1 or 2 as do not want to do any big spending at the moment.

@oli think the favourite experience is riding in Mugello from a track perspective. That was mental to be honest and loved it to bits. From a road perspective having fun in the autobahn when living in the Netherlands as any other road environment that required lower than highway speed limits was painful and hot, very very hot! :glee::glee::glee:

Was hoping that the forum?s sale section would be a bit more active but hopefully will find a good bike soon as it is always strange times with all the COVID19 going around...

eBay, Motoforum.net and trackdayriders are usually the best places for track bike sales...depends if you want a purely track bike or not.

eBay, Motoforum.net and trackdayriders are usually the best places for track bike sales...depends if you want a purely track bike or not.

Thanks Alex.

Actually not looking for a dedicated track bike yet. Would prefer a V5 as from my side and at a first instance would probably just stick some track fairings when needed but could back to road trim if for whatever reason wanted some road riding.

Cheers,

Alex

Latest posts

Back