New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never experienced what you describe, I did several laps of the TT course on mine (2 up!) at rather more than 90mph and it was sublime. What bikes have you been riding before?
Ive ridden and owned many bikes but i have simular problems with alot of them which may be due to my height/ weight and riding style so dont take any notice of my comments. If it works for you thats all that matters.
Something in me really wants a bmw again but when i ride my r1 i think why the hell would i sell this. Its so much more fun than the bmw even if it hasnt got the top end bhp figure. Maybe another test ride will change my mind

I took it for a test ride and the handling was very nervous. It kept tying itsself in knots and nearly threw me off at about 90mph. It felt like it had radical geometry with a less than useless steering damper. Just hated riding it. Took it straight back and told them they could keep it.
I was convinced i would be buying it from all the reviews of it until i rode it.
It has potential as its a grunty motor and most of the problems could be rectified with cash but at the time i would have been stretching my budget just to buy one without having to spend loads on modifying it.
They cheap now though.

That sounds very similar my mates experience. He bought a gsxr last year, it kept getting out of hand. Then he had a bad tank slapper at over the ton. Al within the first month of having the bike. Turns out there were a lot of owners complaining about this, but Suzuki UK wouldn't accept there was a problem. He ended up putting the bike back and got a full refund. I think afterwards Suzuki issued a software update to rectify whatever was causing it.

That sounds very similar my mates experience. He bought a gsxr last year, it kept getting out of hand. Then he had a bad tank slapper at over the ton. Al within the first month of having the bike. Turns out there were a lot of owners complaining about this, but Suzuki UK wouldn't accept there was a problem. He ended up putting the bike back and got a full refund. I think afterwards Suzuki issued a software update to rectify whatever was causing it.
Im glad that its not just me then. There is a review on youtube which i think was barons where it was shaking the bars.
Its mainly a steering damper issue.

It wouldn’t be anything to do with software, it’s just a fast steering bike that gets a little bit livelier than some other bikes if provoked, I would suggest the effect of this is more to do with how a particular rider feels about and copes with riding a bike with this characteristic more than anything else. Try riding a 1290 Superduke R, now they are liveley :)

Latest posts

Back