BMW HP4 Race

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Get the kleenex ready...

?68k is less than I'd been led to believe previously - unless that's before VAT.

Jesus, that front end is naughty! What do we reckon? ?80,000 price tag?

That bike is a parts bin special.
Any of you guys could build that for 20k + cheaper. Easy. The motor is only 215. Stage 2 alpha motors are 225.

No, but pedantics get you nowhere. Bolting parts to more parts and hoofing a massive tag on it is just ripping off customers. Ohlins mate their kit. Brembo make theirs. Alpha tune the engines. Harris can do the swing arm. Alpha bodywork. SBK spec tank. Kit loom. Get good wheels not carbon ones.
Pin it all together. Job done.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Again. It's a bolt on. Everything on it anyone can buy, granted, the chassis may be difficult to come by.

That is a lovely looking machine, but ?80k is just silly, it is for collectors or men with penis envy. And it is far too shiny to ever be used properly.

Anecdotally when I was out last week on the HP4 a chap asked me if it was the new carbon frame one, 'cos of the frame covers, lol. I could have made a few quid eh?

177kgs wet it may be but it reminds me of one of my first trips to a BMW dealer a few years back. There was a fat bloke in the dealership ordering every carbon part possible for his new s1000rr. He told me it was to make the bike as light as possible for trackdays. Look in the mirror pal, the best way to lose weight on track is to eat less pies, instead he spent thousands on parts to save a couple of kgs.

There was a fat bloke in the dealership ordering every carbon part possible for his new s1000rr. He told me it was to make the bike as light as possible for trackdays. Look in the mirror pal, the best way to lose weight on track is to eat less pies, instead he spent thousands on parts to save a couple of kgs.

I've said something similar to a mate that was telling me about the 4kg he'd saved with his new (v. loud) titanium exhaust, he was munching down an enormous Devil's Bridge bacon butty at the time :)

That said, I've promised myself a Li-ion battery for the 390 If I can get down to 75kg.....wish I didn't love beer and crisps so much!

Last edited:

Those cup bikes will take some keeping up with, with young kids on them that weigh sod all :):)

Why not make it road legal too? Surely the target demographic will just buy a 1299 so they can ride it to Squires and Fridaythorpe once a week.....

I'm only jealous, I'd love one to wobble round Euro trackdays on. Wonder if I can remortgage?

First race is in June Paul, I have a strict training and diet regime.....

Not looked at it yet but I've got one and thats a start!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back