Good evening all.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickyrr

Reaction score
I was looking for a UK site and finally found it this evening. I was looking to change bikes back to sports and I tried the Panigale, R1 and Blade last week the s1000 really stunned me. The suspension is the best and the engine is remarkable. I had a Blade some years ago and it is still a great bike and very easy to ride but I feel that the s1000 is a step further. I sold my bike last week and unfortunately was pipped at the post at the last minute by others buying a late 2012 sport in motorsport colours. Most of what is left is recall bikes. My only concern now is whether the bike is too newly developed to have had its bugs sorted out. My Blade had no issues and ran like clockwork. I hope you can steer me in the right direction and even perhaps towards the right bike

cheers

mickyrr

Try Rainbow Motorcycles at Rotherham they have several s1000 and a HP4 for sale but be quick as they sell well they have a 2012 in motorsport

Does it have to be a 2012 model?? Lots of choice if you are willing to consider a 2010 - not much difference for the extra outlay and unless your name is Marco Melandri then i'd imagine you'd struggle to get any more out of the new model either way - i appreciate some people want the very latest revisions and plate snobbery is often a factor but i assure you the 2010 bike will give you equally as big a smile on your chops as the 2012!! I would imagine now that the WSB and bike racing season has kicked off bikes will start becoming more and more on peoples agendas and prices may start reflecting this. Good luck either way in your search.

Try Wollaston BMW Northampton - Give Phil a ring in the bike dept and tell him what you are after and that Nick told you to call.

Thanks Nick I gave Woolaston a call and they took my details in case they get a bike in next month. As regards Hoops's comment on 2010 models you are probably right but I thought it may be better to go for the later bike on the basis that some of the bugs may have been ironed out although it seems with the con rod issue and the stand recall that I may be wrong on this. I have noted in the bike press that they all prefer the later bike. I rode both model years last week and felt the later bike was a bit smoother but as it was slightly snowing I would not say that it was a very scientific test. I will give it some further thought however

From what i understand they revised the throttle spring so that it is less aggressive when rolling off etc - ive heard that some 2010 owners have done a simple mod that performs the exact same way - so this may have something to do with the smoothness? Again good luck in your search.

No worries, it seems they may have some stuff coming in. Fingers crossed he can sort you out with what you are looking for. In all fairness they have been sound with me - even stored and plugged in my bike over winter for me (for free) so it wasn't left out in the snow. Can't say fairer than that - oh and free tickets to Silverstone Moto GP in the BMW box.......can't fault that kind of service.

Nick - that is incredible service! I'll keep on checking BikeTrader and MCN but will give more thought to the earlier bikes. Hopefully next weekend with the new bikes coming in a stock moving around the BMW network something will emerge. Life would be a bit simpler if I was colour blind - I would have a much wider choice!

Yeah. I wanted black. Then popped up a 11 plate motorsport with only 2300 miles on it and I found all the matching attire from some fella the same size who was emigrating and well..........

There is a possible demo bike being sold next week - there is someone interested but the dealer has taken my details in case the sale falls through - I am not quite sure whether buying an ex demo is a good or bad idea

I am not sure whether it will be a garage queen or go on the track but looking at the bike today it strikes me that the radiator looks very exposed to stones. Would you advise on radiator protection? Also I would feel happier with crash protection. Is R& G the way to go? I need to get new leathers now and tried the Dainese Avro - it fitted better than the A* - the Avro has some elastication and it felt easier to move about in. Any advice on one piece leathers?

Only that whilst offering great protection they are completely unpractical if you like to stop on sunny days for a beverage somewhere. Unless its track days all the time, two piece for me but most of the time its Kevlar jeans unless I'm going out for a real bash all day then I drag out the one piece beamer kangaroo suit!

One piece are impractical, but for me I put up with it for the extra protection they offer, never leave home without them! :)

Thanks for your input Nick and Ducky. I have been trying the 1 piece and 2 piece and I have just gone for the 1 piece as it was so much more comfortable. Also if walking around I would not have to carry a jacket. I guess it helps that I dont mind looking like a bit of a twat. Although I was looking for totally black leathers these were not in stock so I have some black white and red which I hope will go with the motorsport colours. I hope I wont look too much like Captain Fantastic

Latest posts

Back