Gen 4 tank pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?ve asked this question at my dealer and bmw haven?t done one. Gonna see how well my venture shield will cover it for short term and maybe see what?s on eBay

I use R&G

IMG_20200116_111603.jpg

Most people in the paddock prefer these:

IMG_20200119_113240.jpg

I?ve asked this question at my dealer and bmw haven?t done one. Gonna see how well my venture shield will cover it for short term and maybe see what?s on eBay

They HADN'T done one. There is now one listed in the 2020 accessories brochure, page 42 (wasn't there in 2019). It's all black with an M logo in the corner

I had a spare black BMW Motorrad one from my Gen 3, I've stuck that on for now and looks decent as it did on my Gen 3.

I had a spare black BMW Motorrad one from my Gen 3, I've stuck that on for now and looks decent as it did on my Gen 3.
That?s because u gone 80s red and black wardrobe combo! And looks the biz!

I?ve asked this question at my dealer and bmw haven?t done one.

I think that your dealer is a little ill-informed. I have one fitted, and purchased it from Sycamore Motorrad. ?43 :(

S1000RR 2020 Tank pad1.jpg

Last edited:
think this looks a lot neater. the rear of tank and sides by knees are covered.

MjFgTIw.jpg

JQOlQZI.jpg

gLyOzh8.jpg
I have the Gen3 kit ready to fit.
Any tips? Just a case of using loads of liquid to get it mounted in the right place?
Do you warm the tank/film?

- Alex

make sure you use the little bottle of spray that comes with kit, wash hands many times and clean surfaces off. as you peel off backing spray the sticky side of the film as you peel it as well as the surface its going on, keep fingers wet until your sqidying. a warm day or workshop is best and use hair drier to soften the film. if its not going to plan it will usually just pull back off with a yank if its not been squeezed on. if you get little bubbles just pull it back off and spray again, this can be done over and over again. i usually start with a small piece to get into the swing of things. :)

i didnt do this tank in pic myself as had it fit at BMW but have done many myself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back