Winter Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry

Reaction score
Hi
Im looking to put something a little more suited to the wet and cold so I can use throughout the next few months, currently running Supercorsa's. Currently looking at the Metzeler Sportec M7RR, anyone with experience of these or other good recommendations
(Got the HP wheels so 200 section rear)
thanks

terry

I've been very impressed with the m7rr, used to run supercorsa on everything, but these do the job, wet or Dry!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

The Metzeler Roadtec-01's are more wet/cold weather than the M7-RR's they were released this year and have won a bunch of tests.

Mick(?) I think tested a set for us. Have a look for his review.

I had a debate earlier this year between the M7RR and the S21's. I've still not tried the M7's but I would recommended the S21's. Instant warm up, did well on the track and on road and lasted very well. The front grip and feedback was good. I was pushing the TC at good pace on the track but plenty of grip for the road. They didn't seem to care when it rained either and even had 2 sessions at Silverstone with standing water with no problems.

The M7RR handle the Scottish climate with ease,that should be a good enough recommendation lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a big fan of the M7RRs on the HP4. Not earth shattering for track but good enough for me to have fun, and not have the day spoilt by wet conditions. For general wet / cold / dry they are excellent. I have also been using the Roadtec 01s - on my GSA, and they haven't missed a beat either, considering the weight of the bike thats no small matter! I'd probably use the 01s if I wanted a general commuter / spirited riding tyre, the M7s seem a bit more sporty to me. Longevity can't fault either for doing a few thousand miles on without issue.

Thanks to everyone with their recommendations, it's very useful to hear how they perform, looking like either the S21 (which I hadn't heard of until today) or the m7rr's either of which is going to be a big improvement over the Supercorsa, until warmer times at least.
cheers
Terry

In that area of the market you have lots of choices.
Continental Sport Attack 3's
Dunlop Sport Smart 2's
Pirelli Rosso 3's
Bridgestone S21's
Metzeler M7RR
Michelin Pilot Power 3's

Safe to say they are all excellent. Get the one that suits your budget and needs.

(Edited to remove note on S21 Evo as per Tim's comment below)

Last edited:
As alex says, you arnt going to go wrong with any of those on that list

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Think I'm on my fifth or sixth set of m7's
and I commute all year round
Im still commuting on mine. Was a bit nippy on the fingers today mind, even with the heated grips[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

second set of Rosso 3s. going v well in the wet too. Nice profile, stable but quick turning. Fast warm up.

last rear did 5k (just road) front almost on 6k and still 3mm on them

I can't fault the sportsmart 2s, exellent in all conditions, I really need to be trying to get the back wheel to spin for it to let go in the wet tbh and the dunlop rep at the NEC says they are updating the front profile to have more of an edge he was saying alot of people didn't like the u shape moto 2 profile. think it's going to be called the sportsmart 2 max. was a bit pissed by that point so can't really remember.

Hi
Im looking to put something a little more suited to the wet and cold so I can use throughout the next few months, currently running Supercorsa's. Currently looking at the Metzeler Sportec M7RR, anyone with experience of these or other good recommendations
(Got the HP wheels so 200 section rear)
thanks

terry

I put 190 section Pilot Road 4's on my HP 200 rims out the showroom and kept the Supercorsa's for next year.
Avoiding 200 for road tyres means you have so much more choice 👍
Warm up quickly no issues for me touring tyres can cope with the power too (when it's above 10C!)

I don't even know what benefit I would get in Inters running 200s over 190s if anyone can explain the physics or differences?

Last edited:
The HP wheels default to 200 section, but the rim size is still 6" afaik. So yes you can use either, it's only 10mm but it can change the profile depending on the tyre.
Day to day you're not likely to notice a night and day change.

S20 and S20 Evo are different tyres from the S21 (there isn't an S21 evo). The S21 is the latest development with increased mileage properties but without sacrificing grip. I'm on my second set and won't be changing for anything else soon. Brilliant tyres.

Latest posts

Back