Will my bike run ok after installing SC end can and Akra headers 2016RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innes311

Reaction score
Gents,

In a nut shell will by bike run ok after i install Akra stainless headers and Sc project end can ? after the garage installs the parts i will have to take it somwhere for a Dyno run and mapping ?? but will i be ok to drive the bike ETC ETC i wont have time to find a Dyno centre from Aberdeen straight away.

Can you give me your advice please

Thanks Alot

Chris

I did something extremely similar on a 2012 blade .... Errrrrr found the only way to find out was press the button and try it

cheers Bozzy :) actually laughing .... cheers but need a little more info than that pal , for sure i am pressing the button and driving the rocket home thats a given but there must be somone on here who has fitted headerd and a can on a 105 or 2016 bike and has the advice...

:) cheers for the reply though :)

Chris

Was going to say ..... In my case it worked but these RR thingies are way more advanced .... I'd give one of the race teams a call , they are surprisingly really helpful, as long as you're not Spanish ringing up Lin Jarvis that is [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

How are you able to link up an akrapovic down pipe with SC end pipe? Chris give me a PM I'm in Aberdeen buddy, I've a 2015 RR. Highland dyno is also best bet and to also confirm id say you'll more than likely required a PC5 to get full potential out the exhaust set up!

Cheers, Dave

Mapping

I personally would not run a full system without sufficient mapping and ensuring that the A-F ratio is correct. You may also want to check compatibility as Akrapovič headers are generally only designed to fit with their own exhausts and not other brands.

It will run 'ok' but could be a bit lean in the midrange. I would plan to map eventually.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Cheers Alex,

just need to find out about the headers now :( or find headers that will fit my new SC end can ....... pffffffffffffffffft

thanks for the reply

Chris

SC Project do a CRT can that is designed to fit the HP4 system, not sure if the others one they do are designed for anything other than standard headers though :)

Not entirely sure about them running lean in the mid range if anything they ruin the fueling up to around 6K on neutral or very progressive throttle use (as in they grumble a lot when held to any sort of constant revs up to the 6K mark, so trundling through built up areas is a complete pain!).

But they blast through from a standing start with no flat spots and scream like a cat that's just had its knackers flicked with a red hot poker :D

Latest posts

Back