which model

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vro551

Reaction score
Hi there, looking to get a used RR, from which year did they do the face lift? Anything I should look out for?

Cheers

2012-2014. The lower frame swing arm pivot point should be oval rather than the earlier diamond.
You'll want the 'Sport' model. HTH

- Sent from Mobile

What about it? Thats not considered a facelift. More version 2.

- Sent from Mobile

What about the 15/16?

All RR's are superb bikes and have similar power, but the gen3 '15/16 bikes have the most advanced electronics, autoblipper, DDC suspension and roomier riding position.

So the second generation is when they swap the front light?

Gen 1 2009-11 and Gen 2 2012-2014 have the same lights but a number of other minor bodywork and technical differences, gen3 as I've set out above has different lights, bodywork etc

So the second generation is when they swap the front light?

If you look at the forum banner at the top of the page the left face is the headlight configuration on the 1st and 2nd gen, the right face is the 3rd gen. If BMW change it again I'm ruined lol.

Hi guys, another question for you, is there a steering damper on these bulls? Looking to get a used bike from germany, anything I should watch out for??

Would think the '17 spec and details of the other new competitor litre bikes will be announced at the Milan or Cologne shows ion the next couple of months, cant see the RR changing much at all

Is it adjustable and where is it? On my little pony (zx6r) its mounted on the top yoke and fuel tank

Is it adjustable and where is it? On my little pony (zx6r) its mounted on the top yoke and fuel tank

You should see it below the RHS of the handle bars. It is also described and pictured in the owners manual.

OEM Steering Damper

The steering damper is easy to access and is fully adjustable.

Latest posts

Back