wheel bearings..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravifuel

Reaction score
had a new set of tyres fitted today and my guy ( kev from projex in cradley heath) noticed that the wheel bearings were all corroded and nearly seized. he took them out and realised they were crappy Polish bearings!! Would they be OEM from BMW? it is a 2010 bike with 8500k miles. 5k when i had it. is this the norm?

thought they would not be OEM. getting bike serviced on tuesday so will bring it up with them.

BMW wanted £36 for rear bearings, after getting them and getting koyo part number I found them for £23 online and fronts cost me £17 online.

Though even my OEM Koyo ones had signs of corrosion when i swapped them out at 10k.

RH, can you advise where to buy and ref/ part nrs for front and rear bearings

I reckon the rough inner London roads and pot holes have been giving my wheel bearings a rough time.

Had them replace under warranty last year but don't think they are covered under extended warranty.

RH, can you advise where to buy and ref/ part nrs for front and rear bearings

I reckon the rough inner London roads and pot holes have been giving my wheel bearings a rough time.

Had them replace under warranty last year but don't think they are covered under extended warranty.

I know its an old thread but can anyone shed any light on where to get rear wheel bearings tried everywhere

I would just try an industrial bearing supplier, take the old ones with you. If you need the actual bearing numbers rather than the BMW numbers pm me as I kept the set I knocked out just in case. You can also go aftermarket with someone like "All Balls Racing" to get a kit with the seals and bearings.

Latest posts

Back