What Sat Nav

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRS463

Reaction score
Had Tom Toms in the car for years but had crap service when i had a go1000live that was utterly useless, got a refund from tom tom after 3 months as not fit for use and the unit kept failing and resetting, I am looking for a bike one and unsure as what is the best, any comments please.

Charlie

I haven't got them with mine. It wasn't an option at the time (I bought the 600 more or less as it came out).

I dont use mine in the car, only on the bike, so I've not thought about upgrading tbh.

Mind you I did notice one day when I was on a big new dual carriageway my Sar Nav thought I was in the middle of nowhere lol.

I use a TomTom in the car and used to use that on the bike just looking at the map for instructions, but i have now installed TomTom on my phone and use my Interphone 5 bluetooth setup to send the instructions into my ears. works a treat. and only £29 for the whole of western europe bargin:greedy_dollars:

There seem to be some noh, newly overhauled handsets for sale at 370 with the lifetime maps. They are saying they have been sent back to them from the likes of halfords that ordered too many?

Anyone had one of these?

I borrowed a mate's tom tom for Europe one year. Unfortunately it was just a car one so I had it wrapped in clingfilm the whole time :) It did however do the job a few times once I worked out it's useless until you get near somewhere due to the limited battery life and constant 'taking you through fields' directions.

I spoke to harming today and they recommended the 350? Now can't decide between the 660 and 350?

Nightmare

I`ve had a Garmin 550 for a couple of years and paid for £99 for life time map upgrades, I use it in the car and on the bike, never had any problems with it! my mates have both 660 and 350 both smaller than mine they also have lane assist on theirs however I believe the 350 doesn't have a smart card for music or pictures as do the 550 & 660 if you like listening to music whilst ridding!

Well I bought the 660lm from global gps, the overhauled one as someone else said they have the same warranty as a new one but have been tested to ensure they work.

Lets hope they are right. I also went for a fitting for some ear plugs/phones from ultimate ear and bought these http://www.ultimateear.com/products/soundear.php#

Anyone had any experience with them?

Plan to use them on long commutes home to Cork and in Europe.

Back