What does your helmet look like ;)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R6I6Z6A

Reaction score
Need some suggestion guys, I am a commuter so want good visibility first and for most when cruising or squirting the gas, this will be my 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]helmet so I don?t mind getting something worth while with all the trimmings(sun visor, integrated Bluetooth, pinlock etc) I was thinking Shoei GT-Air coz Ilike the colors on that but people say the RF-1200 is more race bikefocused. I don?t mind AGV or Arai but I like the Shoei as the reviews are verygood and I think its considered one of the best lid manufactures? (outrage!!!)

Prove me wrong but just want an idea for bang for bunk, what you guys have and why and what?sgood in 2015?

p.s. Personal preference is that I don?t like lids that lookhuge and I like the aggressive look, in and around ?400.

:scooter:

I bought the Shoei GT Air to use for touring on my blackbird as I liked the fit, the drop down dark visor and I could keep my Arai RX7 for racing.

But the shoei is so good i have even used it for a few races this year. The only thing i'm not so keen on is the inner linings come out too easy if I put my gloves in the lid.

Is it quite a small form shell? Or does it look bigger thenyour Arai? I am inclined to go with the Air as it has all the extra stuff likeBluetooth integration which is a god send when commuting,

andybarsblade have you tried any other manufactures?

Shoei seems to be the only one out there that does it all.

Schuberth -s2 looks the nuts! anyone got one of these I would love to get some feedback, its around ?400 mark and can get a SRC-System? for S2 Sport communicator in future as its a bit expensive.

Any feedback would be great guys! ~

schuberth-s2-dark-wave-helmet-schuberth-s2-dark-wave-helmet-1.2957.jpg

Schuberth -s2 looks the nuts! anyone got one of these I would love to get some feedback, its around ?400 mark and can get a SRC-System? for S2 Sport communicator in future as its a bit expensive.

Any feedback would be great guys! ~

I was looking at these helmets only a couple of weeks ago. The reason I chose not to try Schuberth is the comms, you have to buy the Schuberth system which is expensive and only fits their helmets. The system is made by Cardo, the same as the Scala. So I bought a Scala system and put it on my Shark, works great and can be used on most other lids in the future.

Ultimately buying a helmet should be about which manufacturer(s) fit your particular head shape correctly, which is a case of trying them all on. If a helmet doesn't fit your head correctly, no matter how nice it looks, you're going to have a big problem if you have an impact.

Has anyone taken a Schuberth out and tested them for noise/comfort? I really want to know if they are quieter. Not sure too many shops are cool with a test ride.

I was looking at these helmets only a couple of weeks ago. The reason I chose not to try Schuberth is the comms, you have to buy the Schuberth system which is expensive and only fits their helmets. The system is made by Cardo, the same as the Scala. So I bought a Scala system and put it on my Shark, works great and can be used on most other lids in the future.

Ultimately buying a helmet should be about which manufacturer(s) fit your particular head shape correctly, which is a case of trying them all on. If a helmet doesn't fit your head correctly, no matter how nice it looks, you're going to have a big problem if you have an impact.

Totally agree soofsayer, its all about the safety aspect, but I do like the fact the Bluetooth is not hanging out the side like most, also how often do you change your lid, I have had my AGV for a few years now and I wanted to change it after the fist year so I can see myself hanging on to this lid for a long time as its got all the bells and whistles.

no question the fit must be perfect so are there any suggestions as to how to get the best fit, someone told me a long time ago to get a size smaller and brake it in, might be uncomfortable for a few weeks but after that it will always fit well? is that bullcrap?

You want the smallest size you can get on. It shouldn't budge if someone holds it still and you turn or nod your head. There should be no pressure points if you've got the helmet that suits your head shape.

You want the smallest size you can get on. It shouldn't budge if someone holds it still and you turn or nod your head. There should be no pressure points if you've got the helmet that suits your head shape.

Thanks Alex, I am sure this was what my AGV K3 felt like when I first got it, now it feels like a used condom on a lip todger. lol

thanks for the tip I am really tempted with the S2.... ahhh what to do!!!!!

I have a Schuberth SR1, very quiet and comfortable, use it on long ride. I have a Shoei X Spirit 2 for commuting.

That does sound ever so slightly backwards. X-Spirit is far more track focused.

That does sound ever so slightly backwards. X-Spirit is far more track focused.

I'd take that back with editing rights...I was thinking of another Schuberth... SR-1 is track focussed. Basically 2 top of the line bash hats.

can I ask why?

Bought the Schuberth after the Shoei became loose following 2 years of daily wear, but then found the Shoei cooler in traffic so replaced all the internal pads to tighten it up again.

However it's not a tight a fit as the Schuberth so at speed on the continent the SR1 doesn't lift as much as the Shoei did, couldn't get the smaller Shoei as it didn't fit me.

Hi R616Z6A,

I have a Shuberth S2, which I fine excellent overall and use it between my HP and Adventure bike.
I also have a BMW Race helmet which feels much better when on the HP and but is more aggressive looking.
lastley I have a BMW System 6 flip front which I use for touring on the Adventure.

All BMW helmets are made by Shuberth and they fit my square head perfectly. Had to pad out my AGVs to make them comfy but wouldn't go past BMW/Shuberth now.

Dealers are knocking about 25% off at the moment on all 2015 helmets, great bargains to be had, but fit is everything.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back