What Cam

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run 960/48 on my cams as I don't think you need the definition on a track day/dash cam. Saves space, uploading and processing

- Sent from Mobile Device
i watch mine at 4K. Unbelievable quality..

Have you tested it out yet? Whats the quality like?

Hi Stephen not yet... Will very soon tho... Ill wait till I get this seat cowel and get it mounted properly... Im getting another one tomorrow from our Melanie.. shes having a clear out and found this with all the bits attached...

ForumRunner_20160310_214249.jpg

ForumRunner_20160310_214310.jpg

Im camerad out my nut...thats me got 4...ffs
stu's phone

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the 360 degree cameras that will be coming out imminently. The Kodak one looks good already and I'm sure GoPro and the others will be releasing soon.

I'm looking forward to the 360 degree cameras that will be coming out imminently. The Kodak one looks good already and I'm sure GoPro and the others will be releasing soon.

GoPro already do a kit, it's a case that takes 6 GoPros and stitches it together. Very pricey!

Can I ask what software people use to edit and put stuff together with some sounds and that... it's getting to that point now where I need to sart thinkking about these things.

Number 1 on Techradars survey is Windows Movie Maker... looks easy easy to use... that's like where I really want to be.. easy to use

Last edited:
Had a quick flick trough a bike mag today - can't remember which one - and a guy got a 2 year custodial sentence for dangerous driving .
They nailed him with his own footage so be very careful if your using them on the road

Had a quick flick trough a bike mag today - can't remember which one - and a guy got a 2 year custodial sentence for dangerous driving .
They nailed him with his own footage so be very careful if your using them on the road

I'm sure i heard of a camera that has an erase button on it for similar situations...

I'm sure i heard of a camera that has an erase button on it for similar situations...

Its called the "mouth cam" ...nee naw...... lets have a look at that camera son !..... eject memory card ...enter...swallow.....

stu's phone

Last edited:
So I got my GoPro (thanks again Budgie) and we finally got a couple of gyro mounts in the shop. Naturally the first one is mine!

I've temporarily mounted it on the tank.. I'm going to make some sort of quick release plate using a Givi tanklock.

1774C595-3108-4AAE-A072-D1723C2BE3E5_zps7qbpv34d.jpg

84EF924C-CD40-4FDA-83EE-87FC51FD0053_zpsagfai0tp.jpg

Here's a couple of short videos I took this evening

Last edited:
It's not so bad tbh, I've just gone for a road test and on the road at least it's not in the way.

On a track it may be different trying to tuck right down. But I could mount it further forward and it'd still be a good shot. No need to have my handlebars in shot!

Exactly where you have your mate. Does hinder a bit, but I try to lean and look round it..

Got out for my first ride of 2016. Almost forgot how insane the S is...

Anyway here is a clip of the gyro cam on the road.

A little wobbly but i think that may be due to the camera being loose. Doh! Luckily it fell off in a 40 limit.. Skip to the end of the video to see the mirror finish on my tank!

I would like to see how your gyro mount deals with high speed wind when on the track. The Wenpod x1 appears a lot more streamlined, just a thought.

I would like to see how your gyro mount deals with high speed wind when on the track. The Wenpod x1 appears a lot more streamlined, just a thought.

There's only one way to find out :)

Unfortunately the track day I'm doing soon doesn't allow tank mounted cameras...

Stuart, Heres where I've mounted the camera for now.
6C3BEFC6-8A0E-43D8-BABE-F24AFD7868BB_zpsag07qush.jpg

(i took that photo while mounting it, the wire is now routed out of the way!)

[video=youtube;EAET_Ubr9pg?vq=720[SIZE=2]]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAET_Ubr9pg?vq=720[/SIZE][/video]

Gives an interesting view. Im going to record my trackday on thursday, ill post a clip if its any good...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back