Warning to all us 15 owners i think

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought it might have been someone using a bit of anti lag until I saw it was a Maser! Police clearly had no idea what they were talking about, it seems they were trying to inappropriately apply a local law without properly establishing the facts, rather unprofessional on a number of levels I would say. Having said that the guy who was stopped didn't help himself either, you always remain calm, polite and succinct when faced with that situation and more often than not you get away with nothing more than a wrap over the knuckles, if he'd done that and explained himself properly things would have been easier for him. Thankfully 'quiet zones' haven't reached Lincolnshire yet!

If he was in the states he'd be dead already.

Pity the camera quality was not up to much, his GF looked tidy :)

I've only put it up because of the 15 popping issue's for which i entirely adore mind..

Just shows how one persons attitude can cause problems. Male copper was fine and she was a beatch. Reminds me of a workmate mate who was given a ticket for having front fogs on in the day.
Er actually officer they are daytime running lights !!!!!!

Until I watched the vid Marzy posted I had no knowledge of these quiet zones. Was noise a real issue in these places in the past?

Regarding the female, IMO she was deliberately confrontational which I think happens more than it should with certain parts of our multicultural society. A friendly chat and a warning would have sufficed. The guy didn't deliberately do it.

He didn't make life easy for himself but in his defence he was getting a ?100 fine for driving down a road. Considering the police rely on the support of law abiding citizens to carry out their job IMO this is a PR disaster

Hahaha, one of the reasons I left the job after 10 years, no discretion left at the point of offence, number chasing and revenue collection. Im sure the local residents would have heard the police car sirens more of a nuisance than the exhaust. Glad I don't live in such an environment. The female cop with the headscarf also needs a little advice on how to talk to people, I have genuinely treated murderers with more manners.
I always thought "There but for the grace of God"

Ho Hum, Peace to all.

Everybody will also have an opinion on this and everybody will be right, to themselves.

JimmyMac

Yup, particularly ridiculous that the rather pleasing noise of a homologated Italian V8 is considered an offence, but 30 secs of earsplitting siren is absolutely fine. Particularly since the residents of the area likely own supercars in their underground private garages

While I'm ranting, I do have a bit of an issue with emergency services sirens actually. No disrespect to the guys doing a difficult job, but is it really necessary to hear a cop/ambulance from a mile away, and that it's painfully loud and in a particularly uncomfortable part of the spectrum for everyone nearby? Surely a clear and distinct sound audible from 50 yards away would do the job just as well?

I live in South London, there's an ambulance station 0.7 miles away, and I can distinctly hear every deployment. In fact I've counted three since I started typing this. I can't really comprehend why everyone within ~1 mile needs to hear it....

Make that four.

Last edited:
He didn't make life easy for himself but in his defence he was getting a ?100 fine for driving down a road. Considering the police rely on the support of law abiding citizens to carry out their job IMO this is a PR disaster
A very good point Javelin...well put

stuarts phone

Back