Vibration through bars

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimglasgow

Reaction score
Hi Folk,

Just took delivery of my new S1000RR love it, was a replacement for my 2013 Fireblade ABS, glad to see the back of. I was one of those who was having issues with the ABS, which Honda, chose to ignore.

So rode my first 180 miles yesterday, one think i notice after my first 50 mile stop, hands were giggling slightly, I sensed that their is some vibration through the bars, any1 else get this. As the day went on,the tingling appeared to disappear.

Hi Folk,

Just took delivery of my new S1000RR love it, was a replacement for my 2013 Fireblade ABS, glad to see the back of. I was one of those who was having issues with the ABS, which Honda, chose to ignore.

So rode my first 180 miles yesterday, one think i notice after my first 50 mile stop, hands were giggling slightly, I sensed that their is some vibration through the bars, any1 else get this. As the day went on,the tingling appeared to disappear.

Hi mate that was the first thing I felt on the test ride some guys have made the comment about the bt016s maybe having something to do with this.Thats what the demo bike had on them so maybe some truth in it.

Look up vibration on this and other forums. Thought I'd cured it but no....great bike otherwise. No BT016's on mine!

I had a very small amount of vibration on mine but after fitting some grip puppies its gone....good buy IMHO.

I'm new to the s1000rr, not on bridgestones either, get a pins and needles type tingle in my left hand after about 40 miles. I put it down to slightly different bar poisition compared to the blade, almost like your wrist is slightly more 'cocked' and wondered if the effected circulation. I assume I'll get used to it.
Have you had the mega wobble when you give it full beans yet? I have and its not fun

This has been a common complaint since the bike came out. I had it on my 2011 and now on my 2014, one had K3s and the other BT016. still notice it so not down to tyres. It's never overly bothered me but I have spoken to people who have fitted slightly heavier bar ends which they say helps.

Yeah there's another post on this, I had same issue and fitted motivation heavy bar ends and grip puppies and it had helped.

I've got Pirelli Rosso Corsas on mine (2010) along with Evotech bar ends - the vibes are still there. Lot more noticeable than any bike I've had before.

See the thread on "bar ends". Different bar ends wont get rid of the vibration completely - they will change the frequency of the vibration and the revs the vibrations occur.

I definitely felt a vibration when I first rode my HP4, but then the other day I rode my panigale and let me tell you the BMW vibration is absolutely nothing when compared to ducati :)

Just done a 2,500 mile trip and riding all day noticed that my bike was quite "buzzy" at 4,000 rpm and felt a lot more settled and smoother at 6,000 rpm (about 85/86 mph on the clock).

Yeah there's a definite range to the buzz. ~4,000rpm on a stocker. I change gear to avoid it :-\

some one mentioned removing crash bungs fit though the frame mount like the r&g's would stop some of the vibration...anyone heard of this?

Yip, I removed mine and vibration reduced a bit. Also slackened off and retorqed all engine bolts. Still not solved😞

Latest posts

Back