venturesheild/xpel ultimate

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCB

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
evening guys,

anyone able to tell me or even better show me a picture of where exactly the above kits cover, everywhere i look online only gives a generic picture but not of the s1k?

cheers
Daz

Ventureshield kit I fitted
16cc0d83e7548cd049cb7910aa16d565.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$99.....Did you fit it yourself?

No I had a detailing company in Stirling fit it for me. They are authorised Xpel dealers and had been out to their headquarters in Texas to be trained on how to fit it properly.

You could have a go at it yourself, I think Kennybush on here fitted his kit himself.

Here's the Xpel at work...

Last edited:
How much where the guys in Stirling if you don't mind me asking? A genuine good investment imo, I had it fitted to my Ducati and it does work!

I think I paid ?200. I remember when I was looking at a 1299 Panigale and Ducati Glasgow were quoting ?500 to have Xpel fitted.

I'm pretty sure the Stirling guy's do cars as well. Bloke across the street from me brought his GTi home last week..?400 to have it done it looked fantastic.

S

I think I paid ?200. I remember when I was looking at a 1299 Panigale and Ducati Glasgow were quoting ?500 to have Xpel fitted.

That sounds about right from Ducati Glasgow, there pricing structure for anything bar Pirelli tyres seems to be double it and add a bit on top of the standard price.

Me and a mate bought the venture shield kit from chipguard a few weeks ago as one purchase and they threw in an extra sheet. As we both have black RR's you've gotta be really patient as any air bubbles show up. Also, be careful not to stretch the glue to much. This happens when you start to flatten the film and push the film to ease out air. Once the glue takes its game over. It shows up as a white patch under the film. [emoji33]

Alternatively pay someone ?100 and sit back and relax....

I've had my venture shield on my bike from new,so now two years. It was professionally fitted. However I am now left feeling a little disappointed. Along the edges in places dirt has collected and this starts to show the outline of the film. This really shows up agsinst the white of the fairing.

I've had my venture shield on my bike from new,so now two years. It was professionally fitted. However I am now left feeling a little disappointed. Along the edges in places dirt has collected and this starts to show the outline of the film. This really shows up agsinst the white of the fairing.

Clean the dirt from the edges? lol

It was exactly this when I had it fitted on my first S1k that made me give it a miss this time! It just doesn't come out. Was professionally fitted too.

My mate and myself fitted the xpel kit to mine last year. Very time consuming to do, was the first time either of us had done anything like it, other than a tank pad. Turned out pretty good, couple of small bubbles on the blue on the tank that look a bit shit, and on the sharp edges on the front mudguard.

I can live with these little bubbles, as in the long run it will keep the bike mint. The self healing genuinely works, and still no stone chips a year on.

Highly recommend it, but allow a good 2 or 3 nights to fit the kit. The bigger stickers need 2 people as well

Latest posts

Back