v-tech levers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iain-s1000rr

Reaction score
I purchased the levers using the link on here and I'm having a nightmare fitting them. I tried to fit the brake lever but when I get it fixed in position it activates the brake light switch and I can't find a way of adjusting it. So my brake light is constantly on unless I lift the lever up ever so slightly then it puts enough force on the switch to turn it off. Anyone else have this problem?

I have the standard ones still on at the moment as i gave in eventually, is a picture from the underside with those fitted suitable or with th V-tech levers on?
I just wanted to see if the microswitch was damaged at all but if the original lever still works the switch I'd say it's to do with the new lever...

Checked the switch for imperfections and it seems fine, like you say the standard levers work fine with it. will give them another try when i have more time and if still not right i will sell them on or send them back.

Sorted it. The brake light switch can be adjusted by a little Phillips screw under the lever. Loosened it off slid it towards the brake lever and tightened it back up. Took longer than the clutch lever and that was the one I was most worried about.

Latest posts

Back