Use of front stand

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alol

Reaction score
So to add to an ever lengthening list namely:

All my hex t bar drives being made redundant by BMW using Torx plus bolts
Having to buy a 24mm socket bit to undo the front wheel spindle....
I now find that i am unable to use my headstock tube front stand to facilitate said front wheel removal as there is no access from underneath due to the splitter for the brake lines and something protuding from the radiator.

Sometimes i wish i had kept my RSV4 Factory..........

An Abba or similar stand allows you to raise front and back wheels and remove forks if required - not much more expensive than front & rear paddock stands :distress:

Headstock stand should work fine if you remove the bolt holding the abs splitter. Mine does. If removing forks etc its only one extra bolt to remove and replace

An Abba or similar stand allows you to raise front and back wheels and remove forks if required - not much more expensive than front & rear paddock stands :distress:

Back to my original point then!.............

I'm sure I've fitted a stand at some time with the brake lines still connected,albeit not perfect but I would have thought a spacer on the pin would cure the problem.
I can't try it now as I've changed my brake lines!

You can use a head stock stand but you need to remove the brake line splitter attached to the forks, this annoyed me too!

Latest posts

Back