Urgent 2012 owners please read!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did, cush drive rubbers, sprocket carrier and bearings, wheel bearings and seals, sprockets at 10k few weeks back on my 2011. Like someone said above, I love the bike but it's made of butter and falls apart at the mere sight of tarmac. Back to Jap for my next bike.

Like wise many thanks for this. Will get it looked at. Just bought my bike are there any other 2012 recalls I should be aware of?

Regards Steve

Got my 2013 back last week, 6k and second service. New sump but havent checked the carrier/sprocket yet.

My 2014 has new cush drives at 8k (free)

Just been reading through this thread and had to check mine. It's a 2012 with 10k on full service history with all the recalls done. Checked the rear and it's sloping around like crazy back and forth and side to side. Really bad. I have only picked it up last week and covered 40 miles. Not a good start. Dealer is coming to collect it and have a look! Going to let me know what if any problems exists. I am well armed with info from this thread so he better say the right things. Thanks guys.

Just read this,had my chain replaced a couple of months back and the rear sprocket has movement,not a lot but enough for me to notice,the engineer said it was a cush bearing that needs replacing but nothing serious,??, anyway its going into pidcocks nuneaton on monday for its big service at 26K miles, so will get BMW to check it for me then,looks like the ?500 quote is going to go up now ffs. :(

Latest posts

Back