Tyres tyres tyres!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not hard to chew up a tyre to the edges on a trackday my mrs can do that, it doesnt mean that you are riding fast. Laptimes will tell you that.

What can we learn from looking at our tyres and how they wear? ;)

071-M.jpg

phil link=topic=750.msg8084#msg8084 date=1337766051 said:
All the above pictures are of Rear Tyres, anyone have a picture of their Front Tyre? :)

Mine is the FRONT tyre.

Godzilla link=topic=750.msg8090#msg8090 date=1337775882 said:
All the above pictures are of Rear Tyres, anyone have a picture of their Front Tyre? :)

Mine is the FRONT tyre.
Oops, I need to open my eyes and look a little closer ::)

Btw your picture makes the tyre look squared off for a front .... maybe thats why I thought it was a rear.

Nice Carpet ;D

Yep its the same as the front but thinner. ;)

Right serious bit. If you feel that you are struggling to get the bike lent over on the road try softening the suspension settings which will make the bike my compliant and it will feel more willing to lean. Works for me.

unionjack,

There's alway room for me improving but I'm quite happy with the lean angel for road riding, it was just the difference between the Fireblade on BT16's and the SK! on K3's which I noticed.

Once the recall is done I'll get a track day booked and see how I fair on that.

Hanna,

I knew that... ;)

Allan

Allan sorry this thread has declined into a childish unhelpful chest beating load of crap but it was Bobs fault (assisted by me and others). You carry on how you are getting around corners and out the other side. If you're thinking of a trackday we are going to organise a forum one probably in July so you can enjoy in the company of some friends hopefully.

unionjack,

No worries. I didn't take anything said as anything other than happy banter. I can dish it out as well as most and I'm happy to take my share where "safety strips" are concerned.

I could be up for the forum track day if I can make it and can also offer organising a forum trip to Normandy next year if people want to try brilliant roads with very little traffic and police. Have a look at the short trips organised by Bike Normandy (no connection other than having used them a few times) for a max of ten people a time.

Allan

Just been out for one of those on your own mental hooning session, serious head down feeling low on the corners, now I am back I have stiff legs a sweat on, feeling like I have just been on a quick track day session.

Checked the heat in the tyre when I stopped lovely and warm and sticky... Safety strip still the same as it always is... I could have sworn blind I was pushing harder than ever tonight and no change.

I think the track days have got me into a new style of hanging off more, bike more upright even on the road, I feel strange if I dont do it.

She is a lot more responsive as well after I adjusted the throttle play, holy S**t lively would be one way to describe it lol.

reartyre.jpg

frtyre.jpg

After track day at brands gp. I can't push the front like Godz, hats off to ya mate! Best money i ever spent was california s/bike school, great day, great bunch and learnt soooo much, my tyres were never anything like that before........

Hanna link=topic=750.msg8124#msg8124 date=1337839203 said:
I'm doing CSS in July... think I'll be taking before and after pics!

Definately ! They really are a great bunch, organisation top notch and nothing too much trouble.

as mr barblade said its no indication of speed , in fact mine are cos you end up going to fast into a corner and have no choice :eek:
anyway to get back on topic i just ordered me some some new sprotsmarts , heard good things about them , if they are as good as the 2CT's im taking off i will be happpy

fatbob link=topic=750.msg8135#msg8135 date=1337862114 said:
as mr barblade said its no indication of speed , in fact mine are cos you end up going to fast into a corner and have no choice :eek:
anyway to get back on topic i just ordered me some some new sprotsmarts , heard good things about them , if they are as good as the 2CT's im taking off i will be happpy

Great minds Bob ;D after killing the gpRacer in 600 miles i've got a set of sport smarts going on sat

They certainly get a decent write up Andy
What did you pay by the way
£275 fitted for me

598cefea.jpg

1fd97983.jpg

Let's see how they fare , now the fucking suns gone

I dont know mate i help a guy at a shop on saturdays so i just stick em on the tab :eek:

Havent put the sportsmarts on yet though got a trackday tomorrow to finish off the D211 gp racers and a new D212 ntec hard compound race rear to lash on if required.

IMG_0404.jpg

This is about the best I can do on the road ATM,but if you ride hard all the time,you're going to end up in a box or lose your licence. Chicken strips,I hate that word!
955e961c.jpg

Latest posts

Back