Tyres for road and track

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends. The standard fit tyres are usually fine for both.

Last edited:
Tyres

For road and track use both the Pirelli Supercorsa SP and Metzeler Racetec RR K3 are very good options.

And if you ride in all weathers where the Supercorsas can't be relied upon then Metzeler M7RR will work too, although they aren't going to work as well as Supercorsas on track but they will work well enough :)

As above. I've used both the Pirelli SuperCorsas and the Metzellers on track and on road in really bad conditions and they are fine. The Metzellers are Pirelli rubber anyhow but they seem slightly better in the rain and a little less sticky than the Pirelli. By the way, it's not a great idea to mix the front and rear brands if you have something older on the back.

And if you ride in all weathers where the Supercorsas can't be relied upon then Metzeler M7RR will work too, although they aren't going to work as well as Supercorsas on track but they will work well enough :)

Check out the new Bridgestone S21's, they're supposed to do it all and can be had on line for ?200 /pair

rosso corsas get my vote, good enough on track to go round slick shod bikes, last ok on road, front 5-6k rear about ?3k, 4 if your happy to go to the wire (touring). tried supercorsas didn't last as long or really notice extra grip. tried racetec k1 /2 combo not bad, but again no good for a week away. wasn't over impressed with the bridgestone 16s the bike came with, or the 2CTs on my old gixxer, but my mate swears by them. so I think a lot of it is what you are confident in. don't forget to adjust pressures for track and warm them up! I use 30/30 for track and riding there and back or 36/36 for general day to day never had grip issues, there is always rain mode for when it gets really slippery!

I previosly mostly used Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas.
Now i use Dunlop's mostly because off rainweather riding

If you want an Supercorsa for the track then steer clear of the SP. Go for the SC

I have just got a set of metzeller sporttech M7RR's everyone has been raving about the all round durability & even on track, get them fit tomorrow. so i will do a review when they have a few miles on them.

If you want an Supercorsa for the track then steer clear of the SP. Go for the SC

Yeah SC is track oriented. But dangerous tires for street due to the heating time.
SP is a better allround option if you will go both track & road.

As above but with dunlops. The 212 gps are street legal but need too much heat to get them to work over here to be safe. The sportsmarts are a good crossover tyre depending what level track pace you are running

I use to love 2ct's had them for years too
The only problem I found was the amount of punctures
Which is a complete pain in the arse when your commuting
Switched to M7RR a good few years back and have never gotten one puncture since

I use to love 2ct's had them for years too
The only problem I found was the amount of punctures
Which is a complete pain in the arse when your commuting
Switched to M7RR a good few years back and have never gotten one puncture since

Aye is that right Powders, ? I honestly have never had anything like that neither have any of my mates, almost all of us run 2CTs.. never had a puncture, cut or abrasion.. my love affair was strengthened when I took my ZX10R up to my Dentists in Dingwall last year and "just" made it.. the rear tyre right round the whole circumference approx an inch wide was right worn througn to the fabric and steel belts, actually it was as thin as fag paper... and it still held together.

Anyhow as I have an HP 4 Michelin only do the power pure 2CT so not the original tread pattern that me and you know... M7RRs good tyres
just really comes down to preference.

Your dentist in Dingwall? Is that just a line you tell the missus just so you can get a blast up to Ullapool? :tennis:

Latest posts

Back