2023 Forged Wheel Tyre size

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B33fys

Reaction score
Hi all. Can everyone with a 2023 s1000rr let me know what rear tyre size they had fitted from factory. With M Forged wheels.

190 or 200? Thanks

thanks Alex. Just wondered what the size from factory was, I always thought for carbon or forged was a 200 rear as standard.
The carbon wheel and the forged wheel are the same size. 6 inch wide and 17 inches.

You can put any tire you want on there. Its all about the feel of the rider and how the rake from front to rear is needed for certain conditions.

If you want to just keep it simple and get the same tire as the factory put on there, that becomes an issue because tires are changed by the tire manufactures all to often these days.

200/55 was on the 15-20 bikes and now these days it is the 200/60

Then now there is a 200/65

Any of these work with the calibrations in the ECU for the gearing and DTC.

Even the 190/60 will work as the rollout is very close to the 200/55.

I have run 180's on the 15-23 with no issues on DTC as well. The light will slightly flash on the racetrack on heavy lean angles, but, when only in the 0-30 degrees of lean angle the DTC is not affected by the 180 or the 190.

Just mind the height of your hugger if you increase tyre wall, I upped rear tyre on my 10R and had to shim up the hugger with some washers

Just mind the height of your hugger if you increase tyre wall, I upped rear tyre on my 10R and had to shim up the hugger with some washers
The BMW hugger will clear a 200/60 on the K67. The K46 has issues on this however.

The tire warmer depending on the brand you have is also an issue these days. The M1000RR has a carbon hugger and more clearance for tire warmers.

Latest posts

Back