Brake fluid resevoir s1000rrsport 2017

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Add842010

Reaction score
Hi everyone. In fear of seeming like a complete newb ?. I noticed the fluid in my front brake res wasn't sitting correctly. So I thought the fluid may be low. I opened the cap to find a second (rubber) inside. Never seen this before so I lifted it up. Brake fluid brimmed to the top.... as in, to put that rubber jonny back in and the cap back down the fluid overflowed. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply buddy .

No, as I was just checking the level. Which is why I'm so confused as to why there's so much fluid in the resevoir

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

have you folded the rubber boot back to it's squashed position?

Thanks for the reply, scooby. Yes I made sure it was fully squashed down. I'm thinking although it seems very full of fluid, Worst case I've lost a touch of fluid which I quickly cleaned up.

And am I right in thinking the boot just keeps a good air tight seal and keeps the fluid in top condition?

And am I right in thinking the boot just keeps a good air tight seal and keeps the fluid in top condition?

It keeps the moisture out whilst allowing the fluid level to drop naturally as the pads wear, the correct name for it is diaphragm. The Jonny comment had me chuckling.

Last edited:
It keeps the moisture out whilst allowing the fluid level to drop naturally as the pads wear, the correct name for it is diaphragm. The Jonny comment had me chuckling.
Thanks, Wull. Much appreciated [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back