Tyre wear

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Ever thought about how much rubber is left on the side of yr tyre? With the current types of tyre having a slick side/edge and no 'tread' whats yr opinion on how much life is left? I have a lot left in the middle because of track days but there's no depth mark on the edge....

I suppose you could use the side wall for the very edge , if you know it's size new and just reduce the difference , I seem to remember some distinguishing marks on the side walls like lines or something .

If the tread has gone on the rest of the tire I suppose unless you lived on a roundabout you'd have to consider its already fucked ? ;)

I suppose you could use the side wall for the very edge , if you know it's size new and just reduce the difference , I seem to remember some distinguishing marks on the side walls like lines or something .

If the tread has gone on the rest of the tire I suppose unless you lived on a roundabout you'd have to consider its already fucked ? ;)

Its just the way its happened, done more trackmiles than road with these tyres, got me thinking lol.

Last edited:
Back