tyre pressure

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Going out to scrub in my new m7rr tyres today I know a few guys on here use them what pressures do you run them on.I'm around 12st 8lb and only ride on the road.

I'm similar to you in weight and use 33 front 39 back, or thereabouts. I.e. Just a bit under the recommended pressures.

I don't know if any use to you guys, but I am on track next week in Almeria and requested some track advice from Pirelli as I will be testing some SP's. Here is their advice...

Dear Asif,

Thank you for your email, we would recommend the following Road/Track day tyre pressures;

Road Pressures;
Front-36 Psi
Rear-42 Psi

Track pressures;
Front-31 Psi
Rear-29 Psi

Please Note; we would recommend the tyre warmer at no longer than 50Minutes, and no hotter than 80 Degrees if tyre warmers are required.

Regards,
Mannie
Contact Centre
Pirelli Metzeler Moto UK

I don't know if any use to you guys, but I am on track next week in Almeria and requested some track advice from Pirelli as I will be testing some SP's. Here is their advice...

Dear Asif,

Thank you for your email, we would recommend the following Road/Track day tyre pressures;

Road Pressures;
Front-36 Psi
Rear-42 Psi

Track pressures;
Front-31 Psi
Rear-29 Psi

Please Note; we would recommend the tyre warmer at no longer than 50Minutes, and no hotter than 80 Degrees if tyre warmers are required.

Regards,
Mannie
Contact Centre
Pirelli Metzeler Moto UK
I totally agree

Re: Pirelli Recommended Pressure Ranges

Pirelli recommended tyre pressure ranges can be found by using the weblink below. Just select the type of race/trackday tyre that you are using and then click the 'Technical Advice' tab for the relevant hot and cold pressure ranges.

http://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-gb/motorcycle/all-tyres/catalog?filter=0

Thanks for that. The link suggests a slightly lower pressure than what I was recommended directly but I guess the link information is not relative to each bike. I mentioned what bike I ride to Pirelli but not my weight...

Tyre Pressures

Pirelli and Metzeler race/trackday tyres are designed to work over a variance of pressures hence the ranges. They make no distinction for motorcycle type and weight as its not really required as that's driven more by suspension setup. Just start at the midpoint of each pressure range (front and rear) and adjust accordingly to suit track temperature and then continually monitor tyre wear. The only word of caution is to not confuse tyre wear issues caused by incorrect pressures with those created by poor suspension setup.

So for a trackday without using tyre warmers what would be the recommended starting point for cold Supercorsa SP's? From the Pirelli link it looks like 31F 26R (cold)

Pirelli Supercorsa SP

The last time I used Pirelli Supercorsa SPs on track I ran cold pressures of 31F and 26R which are well within Pirelli's recommended pressure ranges. After the first session tyre wear was progressive and only a small increase in rear rebound was needed given the slight wear patterns that began to develop along the tread edge as pictured. By the end of the day, and after only one trackday, the rear was past the wear limits and needed replacing.

image.jpg1_zpsvbey8xwf.jpg

Thanks for confirming RyS1000RR. I'm doing a track day at Knockhill in a couple of weeks and will start off with cold pressures 31F 26R as per your suggestion and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back