Tracker fob scratching the key surround area

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tordep

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just collected my K67 a couple of weeks ago and am pretty happy so far, only problem its that as the bike comes with the data tool tracker the key fob on the bike key flaps about and scratches both the fob and the key surround.

I know I can just keep it separate but this is likely at some point to leave me stranded somewhere as I will either drop it or forget it somewhere.

Does anyone have a neat solution for this to keep the fob attached to the bike key without damaging either when the bike is in use?

Also from the manual the bike immobiliser is in the key so not what the tracker fob does or if its just another immobiliser of sorts.

Any help appreciated

Why on earth would you keep the key fob with the key for the bike? If someone happens to find your key in the ignition when you are parked up at a bike meet, they would be able to nick your bike and the tracker company would not be able to distinguish whether the bike has been stolen or not? You may find that your insurance may be void if you cannot produce your key fobs in the event of the bike being stolen?

Thats my question, I was told they need to be together for the bike start, so not sure if the datatool on top pf being a tracker its also an immobiliser of sorts or if bike being started without the fob activates the tracker (which is the reason I haven't tried it yet) I will try and call Bahnstormer and chat with one of the mechanics

I keep my key fob in the hump of my leathers, and the spare is hidden at home. I never ride without my leathers on. I have the Datatool tracker on my bike, and if it gets moved a couple of feet, I get a text advising me it has moved immediately.

cool that makes sense, thanks for the info, leathers sounds like a fail safe way to put it. and can have just the key on the bike, perfect.

Never keep the tracker fob and key together, the former only needs to be on ?you? when riding or moving the bike etc.

Keep the fob on a lanyard (with quick detach). Use the lanyard clip to also put your key on when you get off the bike.

Yes, the fob needs to be near the bike, but it's a range of 1.5m I think, so doesn't have to by right by the key

This is a big learning curve for me as the whole key and fob thing was never explained to me. I need to separate mine now and sort somewhere out for the fob to live on me

Same here very good info, For now opted for a magnetic quick release and have them always together, when going on the bike split them and keep fob in my leathers the magnetic fob is small enough and plastic that doesn?t touch anything when the key is in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same tracker, never, have key and fob together, like mentioned, if both are stolen, there will be no alert at Datatool, until, you make the call. I have fob on land yard when out riding and a safe place at home on its own.

Latest posts

Back