Trackday Noise testing...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdave139

Reaction score
I know theres a ton of posts on this, but i though it might be useful for anyone looking like i was a few months ago to put all my results in one post. so...

re-mapped 2012, standard headers, danmoto decat. all tests were done at msv tracks, 5500rpm on proper db meters.

Akra shorty - 110.9db(race mode)
akra shorty with mhp baffle - 103.2db(race mode) 101.8(rain mode) pics of thompsp's baffle here
Arrow racetech - 100.3(rain mode)

top tip i got on my first trackday was putting in rainmode will help you squeeze through a noise test.

hope this helps :)

Dave

Might have to get me one of these baffles for when I do mine

just picked up a Db meter so i can make a few baffles for trackdays..

my meter read 117db in slick with decat and povic stubby... 115db with the first 1 i've made for the road just to take a little bit of the rasp out of it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3weAmTEgBM

plan is to make some 95's and 105's for track use..

Thanks for sharing this info, Dave.
Is your MHP baffle the adjustable type? If so, how did you have it set? (I always run mine now with just half of the baffle in, i.e. I don't have the perforated bit on at all - sounds/feels just right then IMO).

Last edited:
thought I would just add this,my full akro stainless system with full length carbon can and baffle fitted is 97db at oulton park.slick mode and custom mapped with a bazzaz system.5500rpm.

Back