There seems to be a lot of vibration from the bars!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol,I talked that one up didn't I! Anyway was out for a while today and for the first time my right hand went numb! So I'm going to invest in some puppies! Cheers guys!

AppleT link=topic=1050.msg9748#msg9748 date=1341084486 said:
You know what you guys need, mine had some slight tingling vibes through the bars fitted
some grip puppies problem solved bought from the BMW dealer,give them a try. ;D ;D

Thanks for the heads up on these mate - just ordered a set, and if they really sort out the vibrations I will be one happy biker.

Cheers

Why not just get heavier bar ends like the Throttle Meisters?

I did the Grip puppy thing and didn't like the looks of it.

Wild Pete link=topic=1050.msg9912#msg9912 date=1341419189 said:
Why not just get heavier bar ends like the Throttle Meisters?

I did the Grip puppy thing and didn't like the looks of it.
Hmm,I don't mind how they look,but I may go down the heavy bar ends if these don't cure. Honestly I think they look fine,and if my right hand stays awake,I'll keep em ;)

I say there are no vibes on mine, but like I said I've had the heavy bar ends on since day one. I should take those off and put the stock ones back on just to see if it is vibey.

Wild Pete link=topic=1050.msg9945#msg9945 date=1341477428 said:
I say there are no vibes on mine, but like I said I've had the heavy bar ends on since day one. I should take those off and put the stock ones back on just to see if it is vibey.

Hey Pete - did u have to order these from the states or from a UK supplier?

reddevil007 link=topic=1050.msg9974#msg9974 date=1341513872 said:
Puppies arrived today and on. Just need to get out on it to give it a go
Let me know how you get on,I won't be on my bike until next Saturday. Got service then and rear tyre is almost shot. Also testing a 2012 ;)

Won't get out this weekend as have my girls but hopefully next Weds, provided its not raining. Anyone else over this neck of the woods available next Wednesday

OK, I fitted the puppies a few days ago, I like the feel of a substantial grip, it reminds me of when I were a nipper sitting on an old English machine. I think they look OK, and they're very comfy. I'd say they stop the worst of the vibration which makes a hugh difference, I could def do long journey with comfort now. Good call...

Now, has anybody got any ideas on how to stop frame vibration? I was thinking of a Temur mattress but they're £1k, OH! and obscure my view ;D ;D ;D

Jules

Jules link=topic=1050.msg10081#msg10081 date=1341838794 said:
OK, I fitted the puppies a few days ago, I like the feel of a substantial grip, it reminds me of when I were a nipper sitting on an old English machine. I think they look OK, and they're very comfy. I'd say they stop the worst of the vibration which makes a hugh difference, I could def do long journey with comfort now. Good call...

Now, has anybody got any ideas on how to stop frame vibration? I was thinking of a Temur mattress but they're £1k, OH! and obscure my view ;D ;D ;D

Jules
Sounds great,testing mine out Saturday. Love the mattress comment,cracked me up hahaha I'd still like to see it! ;D

Jules link=topic=1050.msg10081#msg10081 date=1341838794 said:

Jules

Thanks for the heads up Jules, I also fitted mine at the weekend and they look fine to me, but not had a chance to try them yet due to the shit weather - as long as they sort the worst of the vibes that'll be job done for me.

Had a short ride over weekend. Vibes seem down but I have fairly small hands so not sure how me and this extra thickness are going to get on.

reddevil007 link=topic=1050.msg10087#msg10087 date=1341856456 said:
I have fairly small hands so not sure how me and this extra thickness are going to get on.

That's what they all say ;D ;D ;D

One advantage of small hands is that everything in them looks bigger :). Never go out with a chick that has big hands :p

Update on grips, went for ride last night, vibes Definately down. Major advantage of the thicker grips is that I feel I can chuck the bike about easier and as such was finding cornering easier and at higher speeds

Now guy's if you wan't the iceing on the cake what makes it even more comfortable is
some oxford hothands wrap around heated grips they just about strech around the
grip puppies but it's like holding a scaffold pole, you do lose a bit of feel on the throttle
though but as they say you can't have everything ;D ;D ::)

Latest posts

Back