Temp gauge

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
Morning all...

I noticed that this morning my fan kick in (as per normal on my daily commute) however, the temp gauge just displayed 00...

Just as a thought, the service message is also showing on the dash but this would not affect the temp gauge not showing.... would it?

Thanks.

Is it not the case on 15+ that when the ignition turns on it shows the month/year of service, as this approaches nearer the time the temperature indication is covered over when it's closer the due date (not sure what service message is permanently displayed then)

That'll be the lean angle indicator you're seeing immortal - the service message actually covers your temp gauge ( well it did on my 15' gen3 )

Temperature Display

On the 2015+ model "SERVICE" is permanently displayed on the dash when the bike is overdue a service. As a result, temperature is no longer visible until it is reset by a BMW dealer.

Why does it need a service after only just being rebuilt?! Or have you done that many miles!

Service

If it's anything like mine then they [BMW] probably just forgot to reset the service interval once the bike was rebuilt.

Its coming upto 12k :subdued:

Cannot get it seen to until 1st Sept @ Bahnstormer :-(

Last edited:
Service

Depending on what mileage you have done since the rebuild it may be worth checking with your dealership what work has already been completed. In doing so you may save yourself a bit of money when it comes to being serviced.

Re: Temperature Display

On the 2015+ model "SERVICE" is permanently displayed on the dash when the bike is overdue a service. As a result, temperature is no longer visible until it is reset by a BMW dealer.

+1

If it's not overdue a service and it is indeed the coolant gauge reading 00, then perhaps it is a coolant temperature sensor failure?

My 15 bike had the coolant temperature sensory replaced not long ago, although in my case it read "---"

Mine's due a service and is doing the same thing,Can't see temp. I been quoted ?285 for the 12k service at Ocean Plymouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02815cae08af78ca23cd6856a367f6b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drop the bike on its side...you'll see what we mean [emoji12]

- Sent from Mobile

Indeed... the VICE of Service is where the temp would display if it wasn't covered by the word Service!!!!

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back