Tail bag

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
So, I purchased of flea bay a BMW tail bag for my Euro adventure in July.. However, I did not fancy putting on the pillion pegs. Is there another place to mount the 2 straps that would normally connect to pillion pegs..?

tailbag.png

Thanks,

Why don't you try the Hepco & Becker rack ? There's a thread on here about it.

Get some bungee and wrap it under the tail end. I will give my right leg to the country's Government ministers for their expenses than to fit rear pegs to my bike. Can't for the life of me think why folk are fitting the latest exhaust cans that require the fitment of a rear foot peg stay.

You can get luggage tie downs that fit in place of the pillion pegs. You can also fit the straps to the luggage straps under riders seat. I'd also get some of that none slip matting or similar to wrap around the tail piece to protect the paint. I fitted it to mine and no marks but the mat was well chaffed by the time I got home. Bag didn't budge either. Even at 170 on the autobahn

I was looking at exactly this on Sunday before giving up due to time constraints and using my Kreiga 10. Basically if you take the rider seat off you can run the front straps from where the fuel tank is mounted, along under the seat and up the back of it to meet the bag clips.

Hi Imortal, you can still attach it without modification and without rear pegs, I'll fit mine to the bike and post a pick on how it's done this week. I always fit mine for the TT also, great rear pack.

JimmyMac

Hi Imortal, you can still attach it without modification and without rear pegs, I'll fit mine to the bike and post a pick on how it's done this week. I always fit mine for the TT also, great rear pack. JimmyMac

+1, I'd like to see this too bud.

Step by step fitting of BMW Tailbag with no mods or rear pegs.

Bog standard

RHS strap

Looped through

Same on LHS

All done

As the meercats would say SIMPLES!!

JimmyMac

Thanks Jimmy. I wondered if the strap through there would rub on the carbon but I guess not. Do you use anything to protect the paintwork around the rear of the tail where the strap goes underneath?

That doesn't work like that on my 2014 as there is no welded section stopping the strap sliding up the subframe at all, you seem to have a welded bit between the two parts of the subframe?? :)

I was looking at exactly this on Sunday before giving up due to time constraints and using my Kreiga 10. Basically if you take the rider seat off you can run the front straps from where the fuel tank is mounted, along under the seat and up the back of it to meet the bag clips.

Do you have pictures of this please?

That doesn't work like that on my 2014 as there is no welded section stopping the strap sliding up the subframe at all, you seem to have a welded bit between the two parts of the subframe?? :)

Just looked up images of 2014 bikes and they all seem to be the same, with the welded box section. Noticed the 2015+ bikes haven't got it, maybe yours was a late one and got the new design?

JimmyMac

I'm not too happy with the fit of the bag...I guess its for a Gen 2... it seems secure enough, but I would prefer to get the right version for the bike.

Is anyone interested in purchasing it?

?80 delivered?
IMG_7658.JPG

IMG_7651.JPG

IMG_7654.JPG

IMG_7655.JPG

Take a picture of the cut out section underneath, it might be a Gen 1 bag which doesn't properly fit the later bikes.

Back