Strapping down a motorcycle in a van

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Harris rear and front paddock stand, Also with what your saying will I need 6 straps or just 4? From what you just said I want to say 6 but from your fantastic art I want to say 4. I understand everywhere you mean apart from the triple clamps where exactly does it go around?

I don't use a front strap, I use a front wheel chock and a rear paddock stand and two straps on the rear from the sub frame to the floor

I sadly won't have a front wheel choke I don't think as UK mail have lost it :(

Pick my chock up if you want. You CAN do it though.

4 straps will do it. Just get the bike in there and experiment.

Van Transport

Try not to over think it. Once you have pushed the bike into the back of the van it will become more than apparent where you need to strap it down. If you don?t have a front wheel chock it?s not really a problem and just using four ratchet straps is easily enough to secure a bike. The only other thing is just drive sensibly when the van is loaded.

He?s got my chock, straps and tie down bracket. He?s sorted (or there?s no hope!)

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Thanks everyone, Great forum and members :D
Met with Alex briefly today and he helped me out by lending me some things, much appreciated and thanks again. Next worry is now getting the bike on the van as it'll be slippy tomorrow :x Will have the help of battersea I expect though. Thanks again everyone.

Back