Stator AC voltage output?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It?ll be roughly 50-75v AC at 4-5k rpm give or take. You have to test each phase though, so 3 separate readings, and they should all be the same (ish).

What results are you getting?

It?ll be roughly 50-75v AC at 4-5k rpm give or take. You have to test each phase though, so 3 separate readings, and they should all be the same (ish).

What results are you getting?

Cheers . No where near those readings. One phase 6v and the other 2 are about 20v at 4K. Tick over 11v for the 2 and below 5v for the lower. Looks like one coils burnt out. It would explain charging issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m guessing you have the multimeter set to the correct settings? AC min range 100v?

Yeah 100% at fault, what is the actual charge rate at the battery? I?d expect it to be low with that output from the windings, you?d probably find the regulator rectifier would be working its arse off trying to compensate for that low output.

When you remove the stator cover and stator you?ll probably clearly see the burnt out windings.

I?m guessing you have the multimeter set to the correct settings? AC min range 100v?

Yeah 100% at fault, what is the actual charge rate at the battery? I?d expect it to be low with that output from the windings, you?d probably find the regulator rectifier would be working its arse off trying to compensate for that low output.

When you remove the stator cover and stator you?ll probably clearly see the burnt out windings.

Exactly the fault that started the investigation. Flat battery and poor running.
Can?t find why it failed yet but suspect it?s a gradual degradation.
Found some pattern parts but going to ask BMW cost for a OEM for a laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got a regulator off a 6k mile bike if you decide to swap that out also ?30

Latest posts

Back