Standard v hp v bst wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sissymc7

Reaction score
Looking for wheel upgrade as standard v heavy . Il be looking at dymag , oz , Hp and bst any idea weights performance had dymag on zx10 good bst on panigale very good

Lightweight Wheels

I purchased a set of BST Carbon Fibre Wheels at the end of last season for track use but have only just started using them. I decided to purchase the BST wheels from HPS as they weren't that much more expensive than other aftermarket forged aluminium wheels, or another set of HP Forged Wheels, and I had never tried them before. Ultimately I needed a second set of wheels to mount more trackday focused tyres as only having one set can be rather restrictive especially if it rains. My current HP Forged Wheels are now only used on wet trackdays as they are currently fitted with Metzeler wets.

They feel physically lighter than my HP Forged Wheels; but not by a huge amount. The difference would most likely be far more noticeable if comparing them with the standard cast OEM wheels as they are claimed to be significantly lighter. Having weighed the two sets for reference the weight comparison between the HP Forged Wheels and BST Carbon Fibre Wheels is below.

BST Carbon Fibre Wheels*

Front: 2.480 Kg
Rear: 4.002 Kg

HP Forged Wheels*

Front: 3.083 Kg
Rear: 4.333 Kg

* Measured without brake discs, sprocket carrier, spacers, sensor rings etc.

Overall the weight saving of nearly 1 Kg is beneficial as any reduction in unsprung weight is always a good thing. What it really does illustrate is just how much of a worthwhile investment the HP Forged Wheels are when buying a new 2015/16 BMW S1000RR.

I'm not one for aesthetics, and always prefer function over form, but these wheels do look visually stunning on closer inspection. Build quality and finish is extremely good as is the machining on the hubs and carriers. That said the quality of the HP Forged Wheels is extremely good as well. The BST wheels do make a noticeable and positive difference to the BMW's handling. Steering is even more responsive than before and if anything direction changes are easier and require less physical effort. They are certainly a hugely worthwhile investment as a second set of wheels to compliment the HP offering that came fitted to my BMW. Whilst marginally better, what the BST wheels do highlight is just how good the HP Forged wheels actually are.

Re: Lightweight Wheels

I purchased a set of BST Carbon Fibre Wheels at the end of last season for track use but have only just started using them. I decided to purchase the BST wheels from HPS as they weren't that much more expensive than other aftermarket forged aluminium wheels, or another set of HP Forged Wheels, and I had never tried them before. Ultimately I needed a second set of wheels to mount more trackday focused tyres as only having one set can be rather restrictive especially if it rains. My current HP Forged Wheels are now only used on wet trackdays as they are currently fitted with Metzeler wets.

They feel physically lighter than my HP Forged Wheels; but not by a huge amount. The difference would most likely be far more noticeable if comparing them with the standard cast OEM wheels as they are claimed to be significantly lighter. Having weighed the two sets for reference the weight comparison between the HP Forged Wheels and BST Carbon Fibre Wheels is below.

BST Carbon Fibre Wheels*

Front: 2.480 Kg
Rear: 4.002 Kg

HP Forged Wheels*

Front: 3.083 Kg
Rear: 4.333 Kg

* Measured without brake discs, sprocket carrier, spacers, sensor rings etc.

Overall the weight saving of nearly 1 Kg is beneficial as any reduction in unsprung weight is always a good thing. What it really does illustrate is just how much of a worthwhile investment the HP Forged Wheels are when buying a new 2015/16 BMW S1000RR.

I'm not one for aesthetics, and always prefer function over form, but these wheels do look visually stunning on closer inspection. Build quality and finish is extremely good as is the machining on the hubs and carriers. That said the quality of the HP Forged Wheels is extremely good as well. The BST wheels do make a noticeable and positive difference to the BMW's handling. Steering is even more responsive than before and if anything direction changes are easier and require less physical effort. They are certainly a hugely worthwhile investment as a second set of wheels to compliment the HP offering that came fitted to my BMW. Whilst marginally better, what the BST wheels do highlight is just how good the HP Forged wheels actually are.

+1......I have the BST's and they are amazing. The quickness and ease to go from side to side is incredible. Best investment if there could only be one mod to do!

Latest posts

Back